Incidents and accidents halt Upwell ace’s progress in the Air Asia Renault Clio Cup
LUCKLESS motorsport star Jake Giddings was blighted by incident and accident at the Air Asia Renault Clio Cup.
The Upwell ace could only finish 17th in the first race at Norfolk’s Snetterton circuit, after a jack became wedged under his car in the final minutes of qualifying.
This meant he exited the pit lane too late and left him 12th on the grid. In the race itself, he was involved in an incident with another driver who was later penalised by the stewards.
Giddings started seventh in the second race after the officials had dished out penalties to several competitors for some robust driving.
The teenager’s rapid early progress was halted by a slow-moving car in front, leaving him with an eighth placed finish.
You may also want to watch:
Giddings, who enjoyed a triple podium success at Snetterton in mid-July, will race again at the start of next month in the Dunlop Production Touring Car Trophy at Rockingham Speedway.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car