Inspired Chessor smashes Fenland Running Club’s ladies marathon record
LUCY Chessor produced a storming run to knock seven minutes off Fenland Running Club’s ladies marathon record.
Chessor wrote herself into the record books on Sunday by completing the Chester Marathon in three hours, 20.08 minutes.
Sarah Gauvin also took advantage of the good running conditions to clock three hours, 55.10 minutes.
The club took 19 members to the five-mile cross-country course at Priory Park, St Neots, to kick-start the Frostbite Friendly League.
However, they were dealt a blow when leading star Jack Trow had to pull up with a suspected stress fracture at the halfway point.
The Fenland runners still managed to finish sixth out of 16 teams, with Matt Pyatt first home in 24th place followed by Justin Kinsey in 30th and Sean Connolly in 64th.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops