Inspired Chessor smashes Fenland Running Club’s ladies marathon record
LUCY Chessor produced a storming run to knock seven minutes off Fenland Running Club’s ladies marathon record.
Chessor wrote herself into the record books on Sunday by completing the Chester Marathon in three hours, 20.08 minutes.
Sarah Gauvin also took advantage of the good running conditions to clock three hours, 55.10 minutes.
The club took 19 members to the five-mile cross-country course at Priory Park, St Neots, to kick-start the Frostbite Friendly League.
However, they were dealt a blow when leading star Jack Trow had to pull up with a suspected stress fracture at the halfway point.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenland runners still managed to finish sixth out of 16 teams, with Matt Pyatt first home in 24th place followed by Justin Kinsey in 30th and Sean Connolly in 64th.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million