Inspired Chessor smashes Fenland Running Club’s ladies marathon record
LUCY Chessor produced a storming run to knock seven minutes off Fenland Running Club’s ladies marathon record.
Chessor wrote herself into the record books on Sunday by completing the Chester Marathon in three hours, 20.08 minutes.
Sarah Gauvin also took advantage of the good running conditions to clock three hours, 55.10 minutes.
The club took 19 members to the five-mile cross-country course at Priory Park, St Neots, to kick-start the Frostbite Friendly League.
However, they were dealt a blow when leading star Jack Trow had to pull up with a suspected stress fracture at the halfway point.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenland runners still managed to finish sixth out of 16 teams, with Matt Pyatt first home in 24th place followed by Justin Kinsey in 30th and Sean Connolly in 64th.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 9 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings