Inspired Chessor smashes Fenland Running Club’s ladies marathon record
LUCY Chessor produced a storming run to knock seven minutes off Fenland Running Club’s ladies marathon record.
Chessor wrote herself into the record books on Sunday by completing the Chester Marathon in three hours, 20.08 minutes.
Sarah Gauvin also took advantage of the good running conditions to clock three hours, 55.10 minutes.
The club took 19 members to the five-mile cross-country course at Priory Park, St Neots, to kick-start the Frostbite Friendly League.
However, they were dealt a blow when leading star Jack Trow had to pull up with a suspected stress fracture at the halfway point.
You may also want to watch:
The Fenland runners still managed to finish sixth out of 16 teams, with Matt Pyatt first home in 24th place followed by Justin Kinsey in 30th and Sean Connolly in 64th.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement