Invincible Gardner leads the way as Fenland karting stars contest championship titles
CHAMPIONSHIP titles were won and lost as Fenland’s karting stars clashed at the final grass meeting of the season.
Junior and senior drivers from Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club took to the track at Scott’s Field, in Christchurch, to bring the campaign to a close.
The invincible Steven Gardner provided the day’s stand-out performance in the 125 two-stroke class as he sealed his championship title with another comfortable first place.
George Carter lifted the 125 four-stroke seniors title with a win, while Ian Laws pipped Sam Harrison and Lee Traynor to the 250cc open class crown.
James Fisher resumed his battle with Luke Manders in the 250cc four-stroke section and he took four heats to take the title.
You may also want to watch:
Another outstanding performance from Alex Ward saw him lead the way in the junior section - lifting the 70cc class title.
Sam Russell pipped Henry Laws to finish top of the 90cc class table, while a win for Joshua Smith was not enough to wrestle the 125 four-stroke junior title from Luke Huggins.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 8 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
The kart racing club will begin their Winter Series at the Norfolk Arena on December 16.