Invincible Gardner leads the way as Fenland karting stars contest championship titles
CHAMPIONSHIP titles were won and lost as Fenland’s karting stars clashed at the final grass meeting of the season.
Junior and senior drivers from Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club took to the track at Scott’s Field, in Christchurch, to bring the campaign to a close.
The invincible Steven Gardner provided the day’s stand-out performance in the 125 two-stroke class as he sealed his championship title with another comfortable first place.
George Carter lifted the 125 four-stroke seniors title with a win, while Ian Laws pipped Sam Harrison and Lee Traynor to the 250cc open class crown.
James Fisher resumed his battle with Luke Manders in the 250cc four-stroke section and he took four heats to take the title.
Another outstanding performance from Alex Ward saw him lead the way in the junior section - lifting the 70cc class title.
Sam Russell pipped Henry Laws to finish top of the 90cc class table, while a win for Joshua Smith was not enough to wrestle the 125 four-stroke junior title from Luke Huggins.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
The kart racing club will begin their Winter Series at the Norfolk Arena on December 16.