Irish Open honours for Broccoli and Brown as Fenland kickboxers show their class
KICKBOXING stars Marco Broccoli and Courtney Brown have returned from the largest martial arts tournament in Europe... as champions.
Broccoli, from March, took the men’s under-80kg title while teenager Brown, from Whittlesey, claimed the over-65kg cadet boys prize in Dublin.
Grant Brown reached the quarter-final of the men’s under-69kg and Aaron Young secured a bronze medal in the men’s under-80kg.
The talented fighters compete for the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA), who train in Wisbech, March, Chatteris and Whittlesey.
The success follows an impressive performance at the World Kickboxing Council (WKC) Light Contact National Championships, in Manchester.
You may also want to watch:
Broccoli powered his way to the British men’s under-80kg title, while Harry Nunn took silver on his debut in the boys’ over-65kg. Courtney Brown claimed bronze in the junior under-65kg.
Coach Andy Whitwell, a fifth Dan Black Belt, said the BCKA was now the “team to beat”.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
He said: “These results from prestigious tournaments show that we are on fire at the moment, performing at the top level.
“I am extremely proud of our fighters’ performances and look forward to a very productive year.”
Anyone interested in joining the BCKA can contact Whitwell on 07969792286 or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk