Is your child a footballing star? Win them a place on Cambridge United’s Christmas Soccer School
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Standard is offering readers the opportunity to win a free week on the Cambridge United Christmas Soccer Schools that are set to be rolled out once again across the region this month!
Taking place on December 21,22 and 23, boys and girls of all abilities aged between four and 14-years-old are once again invited to enjoy the Soccer Schools, with a special three day course offering the perfect opportunity to play football with Cambridge United during the Christmas break.
As well as the usual bonanza of fun which includes inflatable pitches, zorb footballs and technical training delivered by Cambridge United’s Youth Development coaches, new for the latest series of Soccer Schools are target goals which give participants the chance to test out their shooting accuracy.
Other activities include a personal skills challenge, testing the children’s toe taps, toe taps forward, toe taps backwards, keepie ups and ball roll overs. And as always the Cambridge United first team will also be making a visit to each venue, for a special signing and photograph session.
Each day will run from 9am until 4pm, with a free early drop off (8am) and late pick (5pm) service available to working parents, which means that the Soccer Schools offer safe and reliable childcare.
- 1 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 4 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 5 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 6 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 7 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 8 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
For a chance to win a free place on the Christmas Soccer Schools courtesy of the Ely Standard, simply answer this question: which club did current U’s boss Shaun Derry manage before joining Cambridge United?
Email your answers to email@example.com before 5pm on Tuesday December 15.
Meanwhile, if you are interested in finding out more about the Cambridge United head to www.CUSoccerschool.co.uk.