Is your child a footballing star? Win them a place on Cambridge United’s Christmas Soccer School
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Standard is offering readers the opportunity to win a free week on the Cambridge United Christmas Soccer Schools that are set to be rolled out once again across the region this month!
Taking place on December 21,22 and 23, boys and girls of all abilities aged between four and 14-years-old are once again invited to enjoy the Soccer Schools, with a special three day course offering the perfect opportunity to play football with Cambridge United during the Christmas break.
As well as the usual bonanza of fun which includes inflatable pitches, zorb footballs and technical training delivered by Cambridge United’s Youth Development coaches, new for the latest series of Soccer Schools are target goals which give participants the chance to test out their shooting accuracy.
Other activities include a personal skills challenge, testing the children’s toe taps, toe taps forward, toe taps backwards, keepie ups and ball roll overs. And as always the Cambridge United first team will also be making a visit to each venue, for a special signing and photograph session.
Each day will run from 9am until 4pm, with a free early drop off (8am) and late pick (5pm) service available to working parents, which means that the Soccer Schools offer safe and reliable childcare.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
For a chance to win a free place on the Christmas Soccer Schools courtesy of the Ely Standard, simply answer this question: which club did current U’s boss Shaun Derry manage before joining Cambridge United?
Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Tuesday December 15.
Meanwhile, if you are interested in finding out more about the Cambridge United head to www.CUSoccerschool.co.uk.