Is your child a footballing star? Win them a place on Cambridge United’s Christmas Soccer School
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Standard is offering readers the opportunity to win a free week on the Cambridge United Christmas Soccer Schools that are set to be rolled out once again across the region this month!
Taking place on December 21,22 and 23, boys and girls of all abilities aged between four and 14-years-old are once again invited to enjoy the Soccer Schools, with a special three day course offering the perfect opportunity to play football with Cambridge United during the Christmas break.
As well as the usual bonanza of fun which includes inflatable pitches, zorb footballs and technical training delivered by Cambridge United’s Youth Development coaches, new for the latest series of Soccer Schools are target goals which give participants the chance to test out their shooting accuracy.
Other activities include a personal skills challenge, testing the children’s toe taps, toe taps forward, toe taps backwards, keepie ups and ball roll overs. And as always the Cambridge United first team will also be making a visit to each venue, for a special signing and photograph session.
Each day will run from 9am until 4pm, with a free early drop off (8am) and late pick (5pm) service available to working parents, which means that the Soccer Schools offer safe and reliable childcare.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
For a chance to win a free place on the Christmas Soccer Schools courtesy of the Ely Standard, simply answer this question: which club did current U’s boss Shaun Derry manage before joining Cambridge United?
Email your answers to email@example.com before 5pm on Tuesday December 15.
Meanwhile, if you are interested in finding out more about the Cambridge United head to www.CUSoccerschool.co.uk.