It’s a family affair as brother and sister battle it out for karting club honours
YOUNGSTER Charlotte Gilbert speeds ahead of brother Marcus on her way to claiming the family bragging rights at Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club’s latest meet.
The pair produced one of the best contests of the day as Charlotte pipped her brother in the first race of the 90cc junior class - but Marcus fought back in the subsequent races to claim overall victory.
Alex Ward dominated the 70cc junior class, winning all six races to claim the maximum 100 points.
In-form Steven Gardner could only finish third in the 125 two-stroke class after he was forced to retire from heat one when his rear wheel came off.
Wayne Hall took first place with 90 points, while Daniel Brown followed with 86 in second.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Osborne, from the kart racing club, said: “Despite the low turnout of only 49 karts, it was a very good day of racing, with a good atmosphere on and off the track.
“The racing was consistently competitive throughout the day with everyone giving their all.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease