It’s a family affair as brother and sister battle it out for karting club honours
YOUNGSTER Charlotte Gilbert speeds ahead of brother Marcus on her way to claiming the family bragging rights at Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club’s latest meet.
The pair produced one of the best contests of the day as Charlotte pipped her brother in the first race of the 90cc junior class - but Marcus fought back in the subsequent races to claim overall victory.
Alex Ward dominated the 70cc junior class, winning all six races to claim the maximum 100 points.
In-form Steven Gardner could only finish third in the 125 two-stroke class after he was forced to retire from heat one when his rear wheel came off.
Wayne Hall took first place with 90 points, while Daniel Brown followed with 86 in second.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Osborne, from the kart racing club, said: “Despite the low turnout of only 49 karts, it was a very good day of racing, with a good atmosphere on and off the track.
“The racing was consistently competitive throughout the day with everyone giving their all.”
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens