It’s a family affair as Gary and Nick Wiggins are the winners at the March Golf Club Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend proved to be another busy one for March Golf Club.
The Wiggins family experienced success at the Men’s Invitation Day, with Gary and Nick taking top spot with a score of 61 on countback.
Chris Elliott and Mike Robinson finished second in the 27-hole competition, with David Speechley and Adam Green third.
Elsewhere, senior Danny Daniel took the victory in the Mickey Dutton-Wells trophy with a winning score of 38 on count back. Ray Pescud (38 points) finished second, with Peter Flint (37 points) in third.
Margaret Butt was the victor in the Ladies Autumn meeting with a score of 36, with Ros Humphrey in second and Fiona Wood finishing in third place.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Robertson is the new holder of the Ladies Medal after her score of net 72 secured the victory. Pam Wallis and Gail Arnold finished in second and third respectively.
Sarah Oldham was the winner of the Ladies Phil Potter Scratch Cup. Her gross score of 83 was good enough to clinch the crown.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
March were also in team action, drawing 2-2 away at Ely.