It’s a family affair as Gary and Nick Wiggins are the winners at the March Golf Club Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend proved to be another busy one for March Golf Club.
The Wiggins family experienced success at the Men’s Invitation Day, with Gary and Nick taking top spot with a score of 61 on countback.
Chris Elliott and Mike Robinson finished second in the 27-hole competition, with David Speechley and Adam Green third.
Elsewhere, senior Danny Daniel took the victory in the Mickey Dutton-Wells trophy with a winning score of 38 on count back. Ray Pescud (38 points) finished second, with Peter Flint (37 points) in third.
Margaret Butt was the victor in the Ladies Autumn meeting with a score of 36, with Ros Humphrey in second and Fiona Wood finishing in third place.
Anna Robertson is the new holder of the Ladies Medal after her score of net 72 secured the victory. Pam Wallis and Gail Arnold finished in second and third respectively.
Sarah Oldham was the winner of the Ladies Phil Potter Scratch Cup. Her gross score of 83 was good enough to clinch the crown.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 10 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
March were also in team action, drawing 2-2 away at Ely.