It’s a family affair as Gary and Nick Wiggins are the winners at the March Golf Club Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend proved to be another busy one for March Golf Club.
The Wiggins family experienced success at the Men’s Invitation Day, with Gary and Nick taking top spot with a score of 61 on countback.
Chris Elliott and Mike Robinson finished second in the 27-hole competition, with David Speechley and Adam Green third.
Elsewhere, senior Danny Daniel took the victory in the Mickey Dutton-Wells trophy with a winning score of 38 on count back. Ray Pescud (38 points) finished second, with Peter Flint (37 points) in third.
Margaret Butt was the victor in the Ladies Autumn meeting with a score of 36, with Ros Humphrey in second and Fiona Wood finishing in third place.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Robertson is the new holder of the Ladies Medal after her score of net 72 secured the victory. Pam Wallis and Gail Arnold finished in second and third respectively.
Sarah Oldham was the winner of the Ladies Phil Potter Scratch Cup. Her gross score of 83 was good enough to clinch the crown.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
March were also in team action, drawing 2-2 away at Ely.