It’s a family affair as Gary and Nick Wiggins are the winners at the March Golf Club Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend proved to be another busy one for March Golf Club.
The Wiggins family experienced success at the Men’s Invitation Day, with Gary and Nick taking top spot with a score of 61 on countback.
Chris Elliott and Mike Robinson finished second in the 27-hole competition, with David Speechley and Adam Green third.
Elsewhere, senior Danny Daniel took the victory in the Mickey Dutton-Wells trophy with a winning score of 38 on count back. Ray Pescud (38 points) finished second, with Peter Flint (37 points) in third.
Margaret Butt was the victor in the Ladies Autumn meeting with a score of 36, with Ros Humphrey in second and Fiona Wood finishing in third place.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Robertson is the new holder of the Ladies Medal after her score of net 72 secured the victory. Pam Wallis and Gail Arnold finished in second and third respectively.
Sarah Oldham was the winner of the Ladies Phil Potter Scratch Cup. Her gross score of 83 was good enough to clinch the crown.
- 1 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 2 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 9 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 10 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
March were also in team action, drawing 2-2 away at Ely.