It’s a family affair as Gary and Nick Wiggins are the winners at the March Golf Club Invitation Day
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend proved to be another busy one for March Golf Club.
The Wiggins family experienced success at the Men’s Invitation Day, with Gary and Nick taking top spot with a score of 61 on countback.
Chris Elliott and Mike Robinson finished second in the 27-hole competition, with David Speechley and Adam Green third.
Elsewhere, senior Danny Daniel took the victory in the Mickey Dutton-Wells trophy with a winning score of 38 on count back. Ray Pescud (38 points) finished second, with Peter Flint (37 points) in third.
Margaret Butt was the victor in the Ladies Autumn meeting with a score of 36, with Ros Humphrey in second and Fiona Wood finishing in third place.
Anna Robertson is the new holder of the Ladies Medal after her score of net 72 secured the victory. Pam Wallis and Gail Arnold finished in second and third respectively.
Sarah Oldham was the winner of the Ladies Phil Potter Scratch Cup. Her gross score of 83 was good enough to clinch the crown.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
March were also in team action, drawing 2-2 away at Ely.