Jackson makes dream Wisbech Town debut by netting winner against Ely City
- Credit: IAN BURT
STRIKER Joe Jackson toasted a dream Wisbech Town debut last night as he struck a late winner in their 2-1 victory over Ely City.
The 21-year-old introduced himself to the Fenmen faithful in style, sweeping home Matt Lunn’s cross in the 86th minute to give his new team a precious three points.
It was Lunn himself who had given Wisbech an early lead at the Unwin Ground. The winger fired home from close range in the 12th minute after the Robins failed to clear a corner.
The visitors continued to dominate the game but they were pegged back after the break, when an own goal from Fenmen skipper Paul Cousins drew Ely level.
Just as Steve Appleby’s side looked to be heading for their second draw of the week, Jackson pounced to mark his debut in perfect fashion.
Wisbech, who sit sixth in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, host Norwich United on Saturday.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named