Jackson makes dream Wisbech Town debut by netting winner against Ely City
- Credit: IAN BURT
STRIKER Joe Jackson toasted a dream Wisbech Town debut last night as he struck a late winner in their 2-1 victory over Ely City.
The 21-year-old introduced himself to the Fenmen faithful in style, sweeping home Matt Lunn’s cross in the 86th minute to give his new team a precious three points.
It was Lunn himself who had given Wisbech an early lead at the Unwin Ground. The winger fired home from close range in the 12th minute after the Robins failed to clear a corner.
The visitors continued to dominate the game but they were pegged back after the break, when an own goal from Fenmen skipper Paul Cousins drew Ely level.
Just as Steve Appleby’s side looked to be heading for their second draw of the week, Jackson pounced to mark his debut in perfect fashion.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech, who sit sixth in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, host Norwich United on Saturday.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers