Joe Perry beats Stuart Bingham to reach last 16 of PTC Grand Finals
- Credit: Archant
FEN Potter Joe Perry beat Premier League champion Stuart Bingham to book his place in the Last 16 of the Dafabet PTC Grand Finals in Galway.
Perry, from Chatteris, rattled into a 3-0 lead against Bingham, who then clawed back two frames to set up a thrilling conclusion to the match.
However, Perry booked his place in the next round after dominating a tactical sixth frame.
“I felt I controlled the match, it was just hard to win the last frame,” said Perry.
“I feel confident and my game is in good order.”
Perry now goes through to face Ben Woollaston, who came from 3-1 down to edge out Mark Williams.
They have played only once before, in the European PTC earlier this season when Perry won an exciting encounter 4-3.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 10 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
Their showdown is scheduled for ‘High Noon’ today and will be shown live on Eurosport.