Joe Perry beats Stuart Bingham to reach last 16 of PTC Grand Finals
- Credit: Archant
FEN Potter Joe Perry beat Premier League champion Stuart Bingham to book his place in the Last 16 of the Dafabet PTC Grand Finals in Galway.
Perry, from Chatteris, rattled into a 3-0 lead against Bingham, who then clawed back two frames to set up a thrilling conclusion to the match.
However, Perry booked his place in the next round after dominating a tactical sixth frame.
“I felt I controlled the match, it was just hard to win the last frame,” said Perry.
“I feel confident and my game is in good order.”
You may also want to watch:
Perry now goes through to face Ben Woollaston, who came from 3-1 down to edge out Mark Williams.
They have played only once before, in the European PTC earlier this season when Perry won an exciting encounter 4-3.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Their showdown is scheduled for ‘High Noon’ today and will be shown live on Eurosport.