Joe Perry beats Stuart Bingham to reach last 16 of PTC Grand Finals
- Credit: Archant
FEN Potter Joe Perry beat Premier League champion Stuart Bingham to book his place in the Last 16 of the Dafabet PTC Grand Finals in Galway.
Perry, from Chatteris, rattled into a 3-0 lead against Bingham, who then clawed back two frames to set up a thrilling conclusion to the match.
However, Perry booked his place in the next round after dominating a tactical sixth frame.
“I felt I controlled the match, it was just hard to win the last frame,” said Perry.
“I feel confident and my game is in good order.”
Perry now goes through to face Ben Woollaston, who came from 3-1 down to edge out Mark Williams.
They have played only once before, in the European PTC earlier this season when Perry won an exciting encounter 4-3.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 4 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 5 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 9 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
Their showdown is scheduled for ‘High Noon’ today and will be shown live on Eurosport.