Joe Perry beats Stuart Bingham to reach last 16 of PTC Grand Finals
- Credit: Archant
FEN Potter Joe Perry beat Premier League champion Stuart Bingham to book his place in the Last 16 of the Dafabet PTC Grand Finals in Galway.
Perry, from Chatteris, rattled into a 3-0 lead against Bingham, who then clawed back two frames to set up a thrilling conclusion to the match.
However, Perry booked his place in the next round after dominating a tactical sixth frame.
“I felt I controlled the match, it was just hard to win the last frame,” said Perry.
“I feel confident and my game is in good order.”
You may also want to watch:
Perry now goes through to face Ben Woollaston, who came from 3-1 down to edge out Mark Williams.
They have played only once before, in the European PTC earlier this season when Perry won an exciting encounter 4-3.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Their showdown is scheduled for ‘High Noon’ today and will be shown live on Eurosport.