Joe Perry could be champion after quarter-final triumph over John Higgins
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris potter Joe Perry has booked his place in the last four of the Champion of Champions tournament.
Perry won Group 1 of the event in Coventry by beating four-time world champion John Higgins in a deciding frame.
The local man came from 5-4 down to triumph 6-5 and will now face the winner of Group 4 in a semi-final clash tomorrow.
Perry said “It was a good game and I’m absolutely delighted to beat a player of John’s class.
“I felt comfortable and played as well as I ever have against him. I stayed positive even when he threw some good stuff at me and kept believing I was playing well enough to win.
You may also want to watch:
“A few little things went my way towards the end and I was able to capitalise on them.”
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'