Joe Perry could be champion after quarter-final triumph over John Higgins
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris potter Joe Perry has booked his place in the last four of the Champion of Champions tournament.
Perry won Group 1 of the event in Coventry by beating four-time world champion John Higgins in a deciding frame.
The local man came from 5-4 down to triumph 6-5 and will now face the winner of Group 4 in a semi-final clash tomorrow.
Perry said “It was a good game and I’m absolutely delighted to beat a player of John’s class.
“I felt comfortable and played as well as I ever have against him. I stayed positive even when he threw some good stuff at me and kept believing I was playing well enough to win.
“A few little things went my way towards the end and I was able to capitalise on them.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home