Joe Perry could be champion after quarter-final triumph over John Higgins
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris potter Joe Perry has booked his place in the last four of the Champion of Champions tournament.
Perry won Group 1 of the event in Coventry by beating four-time world champion John Higgins in a deciding frame.
The local man came from 5-4 down to triumph 6-5 and will now face the winner of Group 4 in a semi-final clash tomorrow.
Perry said “It was a good game and I’m absolutely delighted to beat a player of John’s class.
“I felt comfortable and played as well as I ever have against him. I stayed positive even when he threw some good stuff at me and kept believing I was playing well enough to win.
You may also want to watch:
“A few little things went my way towards the end and I was able to capitalise on them.”
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim