Joe Perry could be champion after quarter-final triumph over John Higgins
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris potter Joe Perry has booked his place in the last four of the Champion of Champions tournament.
Perry won Group 1 of the event in Coventry by beating four-time world champion John Higgins in a deciding frame.
The local man came from 5-4 down to triumph 6-5 and will now face the winner of Group 4 in a semi-final clash tomorrow.
Perry said “It was a good game and I’m absolutely delighted to beat a player of John’s class.
“I felt comfortable and played as well as I ever have against him. I stayed positive even when he threw some good stuff at me and kept believing I was playing well enough to win.
You may also want to watch:
“A few little things went my way towards the end and I was able to capitalise on them.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer