Joe Perry eliminated from 2017 Championship League after suffering five straight defeats
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry has crashed out of the 2017 Championship League after experiencing defeat in all of his group matches so far.
The 42-year-old suffered three straight defeats on day one of Group Three at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, going down 3-2 to Barry Hawkins, 3-1 to Neil Robertson and 3-0 to Ali Carter yesterday (January 9).
He then lost 3-1 to Ryan Day this morning (10) before Mark Davis beat him by the same score line this afternoon.
His failure to pick up a win means he cannot qualify for the play-offs, which take place at 6pm.
He is currently in action against Mark Williams (match began at 4pm).
You may also want to watch:
Perry will hope to bounce back in the Dafabet Masters, which begin on Sunday (15).
The Gentleman takes on Stuart Bingham in the opening round at Alexandra Palace on Monday.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy