Joe Perry eliminated from 2017 Championship League after suffering five straight defeats
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry has crashed out of the 2017 Championship League after experiencing defeat in all of his group matches so far.
The 42-year-old suffered three straight defeats on day one of Group Three at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, going down 3-2 to Barry Hawkins, 3-1 to Neil Robertson and 3-0 to Ali Carter yesterday (January 9).
He then lost 3-1 to Ryan Day this morning (10) before Mark Davis beat him by the same score line this afternoon.
His failure to pick up a win means he cannot qualify for the play-offs, which take place at 6pm.
He is currently in action against Mark Williams (match began at 4pm).
You may also want to watch:
Perry will hope to bounce back in the Dafabet Masters, which begin on Sunday (15).
The Gentleman takes on Stuart Bingham in the opening round at Alexandra Palace on Monday.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record