Joe Perry eliminated from 2017 Championship League after suffering five straight defeats
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry has crashed out of the 2017 Championship League after experiencing defeat in all of his group matches so far.
The 42-year-old suffered three straight defeats on day one of Group Three at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, going down 3-2 to Barry Hawkins, 3-1 to Neil Robertson and 3-0 to Ali Carter yesterday (January 9).
He then lost 3-1 to Ryan Day this morning (10) before Mark Davis beat him by the same score line this afternoon.
His failure to pick up a win means he cannot qualify for the play-offs, which take place at 6pm.
He is currently in action against Mark Williams (match began at 4pm).
You may also want to watch:
Perry will hope to bounce back in the Dafabet Masters, which begin on Sunday (15).
The Gentleman takes on Stuart Bingham in the opening round at Alexandra Palace on Monday.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors