SNOOKER: Joe Perry pleased with form ahead of UK Championship fourth round
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry says he is pleased with his current form after he booked his place in the fourth round of the UK Championship.
The Chatteris cueman has had an inconsistent season but reached the last 16 at the Barbican in York with a 6-3 win over world number 44 Kurt Maflin on Monday (December 4).
“I just haven’t seen a match through from start to finish yet,” Perry told the BBC.
“Luckily people have missed a couple of balls against me - maybe that’s because I have put them under pressure.
“I haven’t really been punished for my mistakes. But I am happy with the way I am playing. I am not 100 per cent, I am not flying, but it’s a vast improvement on what I have been doing.”
Perry will play Northern Ireland’s Mark Allen for a place in the quarter-finals tonight (6).
“Mark is a top player. If I stay good in my head, if he plays well and beats me then that’s that,” he added.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 3 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
“He has a great temperament. He is pretty good at everything and has been consistent this season. You always have to play well to beat Mark.”