SNOOKER: Joe Perry pleased with form ahead of UK Championship fourth round
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry says he is pleased with his current form after he booked his place in the fourth round of the UK Championship.
The Chatteris cueman has had an inconsistent season but reached the last 16 at the Barbican in York with a 6-3 win over world number 44 Kurt Maflin on Monday (December 4).
“I just haven’t seen a match through from start to finish yet,” Perry told the BBC.
“Luckily people have missed a couple of balls against me - maybe that’s because I have put them under pressure.
“I haven’t really been punished for my mistakes. But I am happy with the way I am playing. I am not 100 per cent, I am not flying, but it’s a vast improvement on what I have been doing.”
You may also want to watch:
Perry will play Northern Ireland’s Mark Allen for a place in the quarter-finals tonight (6).
“Mark is a top player. If I stay good in my head, if he plays well and beats me then that’s that,” he added.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
“He has a great temperament. He is pretty good at everything and has been consistent this season. You always have to play well to beat Mark.”