SNOOKER: Joe Perry pleased with form ahead of UK Championship fourth round
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry says he is pleased with his current form after he booked his place in the fourth round of the UK Championship.
The Chatteris cueman has had an inconsistent season but reached the last 16 at the Barbican in York with a 6-3 win over world number 44 Kurt Maflin on Monday (December 4).
“I just haven’t seen a match through from start to finish yet,” Perry told the BBC.
“Luckily people have missed a couple of balls against me - maybe that’s because I have put them under pressure.
“I haven’t really been punished for my mistakes. But I am happy with the way I am playing. I am not 100 per cent, I am not flying, but it’s a vast improvement on what I have been doing.”
You may also want to watch:
Perry will play Northern Ireland’s Mark Allen for a place in the quarter-finals tonight (6).
“Mark is a top player. If I stay good in my head, if he plays well and beats me then that’s that,” he added.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
“He has a great temperament. He is pretty good at everything and has been consistent this season. You always have to play well to beat Mark.”