Joe Perry sails into World Snooker Championship last 16 with emphatic 10-1 victory
FEN Potter Joe Perry has sailed into the last 16 of the World Snooker Championship after drubbing Graeme Dott 10-1.
The Chatteris star secured his most emphatic victory in Sheffield - and the most comfortable win of this year’s tournament so far - this morning.
At one stage, yesterday, Perry looked to be on course to become the second person to whitewash an opponent at The Crucible.
The world number 26 powered into an 8-0 lead before former world champion Dott managed to win his first, and only, frame.
Perry completed the rout this morning by winning the final frames with two half-century breaks.
You may also want to watch:
The Fen Potter will face world number seven Stephen Maguire in the last 16, starting tomorrow.
Perry’s first round heroics have seen bookmakers slash his odds to win the tournament from 125/1 to 50/1.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover