Joe Perry sails into World Snooker Championship last 16 with emphatic 10-1 victory
FEN Potter Joe Perry has sailed into the last 16 of the World Snooker Championship after drubbing Graeme Dott 10-1.
The Chatteris star secured his most emphatic victory in Sheffield - and the most comfortable win of this year’s tournament so far - this morning.
At one stage, yesterday, Perry looked to be on course to become the second person to whitewash an opponent at The Crucible.
The world number 26 powered into an 8-0 lead before former world champion Dott managed to win his first, and only, frame.
Perry completed the rout this morning by winning the final frames with two half-century breaks.
The Fen Potter will face world number seven Stephen Maguire in the last 16, starting tomorrow.
Perry’s first round heroics have seen bookmakers slash his odds to win the tournament from 125/1 to 50/1.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens