Joe Perry sails into World Snooker Championship last 16 with emphatic 10-1 victory
FEN Potter Joe Perry has sailed into the last 16 of the World Snooker Championship after drubbing Graeme Dott 10-1.
The Chatteris star secured his most emphatic victory in Sheffield - and the most comfortable win of this year’s tournament so far - this morning.
At one stage, yesterday, Perry looked to be on course to become the second person to whitewash an opponent at The Crucible.
The world number 26 powered into an 8-0 lead before former world champion Dott managed to win his first, and only, frame.
Perry completed the rout this morning by winning the final frames with two half-century breaks.
You may also want to watch:
The Fen Potter will face world number seven Stephen Maguire in the last 16, starting tomorrow.
Perry’s first round heroics have seen bookmakers slash his odds to win the tournament from 125/1 to 50/1.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail