BOXING: Fenland fighters Joe Steed and Bernardo Marime extend their unbeaten records
- Credit: Archant
Fenland fighters Joe Steed and Bernardo Marime maintained their unbeaten records with victories in Norwich.
Wisbech star Steed made it seven out of seven with a 40:36 super-welterweight win over Richard Samuels at The Halls last Friday.
Steed was always on top but a little frustrated perhaps by Samuels' defensive style, although the man from Dulwich rarely troubled the 22-year-old.
Marime, who lives in March, is a great entertainer, with a heavy punch, and Lee Hallett could do little to prevent him romping to a 40:36 win.
There were signs that Mozambique-born welterweight Marime, in his second professional outing, could finish it early thanks to some slick footwork and heavy fists, but Hallett is a hardy opponent and managed to make it through the four rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Steed and Marime are trained in Norwich by Graham Everett and former European champion Jon Thaxton.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab