John, Sheila and Rosemary are crowned champions at March Poppy Appeals Triple competition
- Credit: Archant
Almost 80 of the region’s finest bowlers congregated in March last weekend for the Poppy Appeal Triples competition.
On an afternoon of enthralling action, Sheila Page, Rosemary Richardson and John Page came out on top with a score of eight points and +32, with Daphne Fane, Dennis Miller and Derek Adams finishing close behind with eight points and +31 shots.
Rob Bonello, Gwen Siggee and Jayne Thorpe came third with eight points and +26.
As well as showcasing their skill on the rinks, the 78 players taking part also raised £408 for the British Legion.
You may also want to watch:
D Butcher, J Fox, R Fox - 4 (-8); S Graham-Cameron, T Hart, J Peters - 4 (0); D Baker, M Hastings, B Cousins - 8 (+19); D Deller, S Deller, P Martell - 0 (-39); J Paddy, P Fayers, N Martin - 4 (+1); S Smith, G Smith, C Roberts - 4 (+5); R Paddy, M Paddy, S Brinkley - 4 (-1); M Taylor, L Fyson, M Fyson - 2 (-11); L Crowe, J Jarvis, M Boswell - 8 (+22); J Goff, M Mee, J Goff - 4 (+19); M Newton, V Hempsell, J Russell - 6 (+21); L White, R Cooper, T Croucher - 2 (-28); H Dale, M Nobbs, S Selby - 3 (-11); B Newton, G Russell, P Bretagne - 2 (-13); D Fincham, G Lunn, R Fincham - 4 (+23); M Rea, S Smith, L Mitchell - 2 (-15); M Bell, J Spriggs, D Warriner - 2 (+6); M Thrush, A Bynam, D Hill - 0 (-20); L Rogers, V Ware, E Perfitt - 2 (-13); M Fox, B Fox, G Ward - 4 (+17); J Charter, P Claridge, J Mortlock - 7 (+2); D Claridge, D Mortlock, E Ruggles - 6 (-9); R Mayhew, A Barnett, I Ruggles - 0 (-69).
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain