BOXING: Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill aims for an improved 2020 after a mixed year
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill has said he has “more understanding, motivation and desire” following a year of mixed results.
Gill lost his WBA International Featherweight title to Enrique Tinoco in March last year, having said after the fight that he was suffering from illness.
In an Instagram post at the end of the year, Gill said: "Most years I get to the end of the year and feel disappointed in where I am, and how far I am away from my goals.
"2019 has easily been both the best and the worst year of my life so far.
"I'm finishing the year so far away from where I wanted to, but with more understanding, motivation and desire to achieve my goals than ever.
You may also want to watch:
"I cannot wait to get back to full health and fitness & attack 2020! Happy New Year."
Gill has previously hinted at the possibility of a bout at Peterborough United's Weston Homes Stadium this year.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager