BOXING: Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill aims for an improved 2020 after a mixed year
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill has said he has “more understanding, motivation and desire” following a year of mixed results.
Gill lost his WBA International Featherweight title to Enrique Tinoco in March last year, having said after the fight that he was suffering from illness.
In an Instagram post at the end of the year, Gill said: "Most years I get to the end of the year and feel disappointed in where I am, and how far I am away from my goals.
"2019 has easily been both the best and the worst year of my life so far.
"I'm finishing the year so far away from where I wanted to, but with more understanding, motivation and desire to achieve my goals than ever.
You may also want to watch:
"I cannot wait to get back to full health and fitness & attack 2020! Happy New Year."
Gill has previously hinted at the possibility of a bout at Peterborough United's Weston Homes Stadium this year.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 6 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 7 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 8 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 9 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled