Jordan Gill left ‘heartbroken’ after his fight on Chris Eubank Jr vs. Renold Quinlan undercard is cancelled
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill says he is “absolutely heartbroken” after his televised return to the ring was cancelled at the last minute last night.
Having already had a change of opponent three times prior to the fight, the 22-year-old was set to return to the ring against Spaniard Leonel Hernandez on ITV Box Office’s first pay-per-view show at the Olympia in London.
However, Hernandez was called up to take on Gill’s stablemate, Kid Galahad, after the featherweight’s original opponent, Joseph Agbeko, was taken ill yesterday morning.
Reports circulated that Gill’s had been cancelled, but ‘The Thrill’ announced via social media that he would still be stepping into the ring and was expected to fight following the night’s main event – Chris Eubank Jr’s IBO super-middleweight title clash with Renold Quinlan.
But that fight overran and Gill wasn’t legally allowed to fight after the show’s 12am curfew.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “After five opponents in a week, and being ready with my gloves on for four hours, it wasn’t meant to be.
“I was a live float but the show over ran and legally they couldn’t let me box after 12am.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
“I’m absolutely heartbroken after working so hard for this entire training camp. I would like to say a huge thank you to the army of fans that came to support me from the Fens.
“This was supposed to be a good start to a big 2017 for me, and it still will be. Titles are coming next!
“Glad to see all Team Gill I’ve seen so far had a good night nonetheless. Nobody is more gutted than me, I can assure you. I’ll be in the ring again very soon.”