BOXING: Chatteris featherweight Jordan Gill does the Italian Job on winning return to the ring
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill punched to perfection last night as he returned to in-ring action with a bang.
The Chatteris featherweight beat Yesner Talavera on points, 60-54, on a Matchroom Boxing show in Florence, Italy, proving too strong for his opponent from Nicaragua.
Gill fought on the undercard of the IBF international super-welterweight title bout between Orlando Fiordigiglio and Sam Eggington at Tuscany Hall.
Last night was Gill's first fight since losing his WBA international featherweight belt to Enrique Tinoco in May, where the Fenland fighter was suffering from illness.
In an Instagram post following his comeback victory, Gill said: "Buzzing to be back with a dominant win over a tough opponent tonight in Florence!
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks for the support, looking forward to a big fight before the end of the year."
After his previous success in March, Gill hinted at the prospect of fighting at Peterborough United FC's Weston Homes Stadium, although this is yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash