BOXING: Chatteris featherweight Jordan Gill does the Italian Job on winning return to the ring
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill punched to perfection last night as he returned to in-ring action with a bang.
The Chatteris featherweight beat Yesner Talavera on points, 60-54, on a Matchroom Boxing show in Florence, Italy, proving too strong for his opponent from Nicaragua.
Gill fought on the undercard of the IBF international super-welterweight title bout between Orlando Fiordigiglio and Sam Eggington at Tuscany Hall.
Last night was Gill's first fight since losing his WBA international featherweight belt to Enrique Tinoco in May, where the Fenland fighter was suffering from illness.
In an Instagram post following his comeback victory, Gill said: "Buzzing to be back with a dominant win over a tough opponent tonight in Florence!
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks for the support, looking forward to a big fight before the end of the year."
After his previous success in March, Gill hinted at the prospect of fighting at Peterborough United FC's Weston Homes Stadium, although this is yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’