BOXING: Chatteris featherweight Jordan Gill does the Italian Job on winning return to the ring
- Credit: Archant
Jordan Gill punched to perfection last night as he returned to in-ring action with a bang.
The Chatteris featherweight beat Yesner Talavera on points, 60-54, on a Matchroom Boxing show in Florence, Italy, proving too strong for his opponent from Nicaragua.
Gill fought on the undercard of the IBF international super-welterweight title bout between Orlando Fiordigiglio and Sam Eggington at Tuscany Hall.
Last night was Gill's first fight since losing his WBA international featherweight belt to Enrique Tinoco in May, where the Fenland fighter was suffering from illness.
In an Instagram post following his comeback victory, Gill said: "Buzzing to be back with a dominant win over a tough opponent tonight in Florence!
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks for the support, looking forward to a big fight before the end of the year."
After his previous success in March, Gill hinted at the prospect of fighting at Peterborough United FC's Weston Homes Stadium, although this is yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named