Jordan’s football teammates to take to the pitch for one final time in memorial match ten years after his death
- Credit: Archant
Friends, family and former teammates of a budding footballer who died ten years ago will pull on their boots and take to the pitch in a match organised in his memory.
Football-loving Jordan and his father, Dean, were tragically killed when the car they were travelling in plunged into the Forty Foot in Ramsey in December 2005 and his former teammates are to come together for one final game to remember him on Sunday December 20.
The match, organised by Jordan’s former Chatteris Fen Tiger teammates Josh Fox and Rowan Irvine is also in support of the Fenland Road Safety Campaign which Jordan’s mother, Michelle Lynch, has been heavily involved in since her son’s death.
Games in Jordan’s memory have been held in previous years, with the last taking place in 2012, and joint-organiser Rowan Irvine saw the tenth anniversary of Jordan’s death as an appropriate time to re-launch the memorial match.
He said: “I knew how much the match meant to me and how much it meant to the players who used to play and to Michelle and her family.
You may also want to watch:
“We used to play the match every year but as it’s 10 years this year, I thought we should do it again.
“As most of the players are now 18 it might be the last time we can get together before we go their separate ways in life,” he added.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
All are welcome to the match, which will kick off at 12pm at Cromwell Community College’s all-weather pitch in Chatteris. Food and a raffle is also on offer.
For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/events/1530272817297945/.