Jordan’s football teammates to take to the pitch for one final time in memorial match ten years after his death
- Credit: Archant
Friends, family and former teammates of a budding footballer who died ten years ago will pull on their boots and take to the pitch in a match organised in his memory.
Football-loving Jordan and his father, Dean, were tragically killed when the car they were travelling in plunged into the Forty Foot in Ramsey in December 2005 and his former teammates are to come together for one final game to remember him on Sunday December 20.
The match, organised by Jordan’s former Chatteris Fen Tiger teammates Josh Fox and Rowan Irvine is also in support of the Fenland Road Safety Campaign which Jordan’s mother, Michelle Lynch, has been heavily involved in since her son’s death.
Games in Jordan’s memory have been held in previous years, with the last taking place in 2012, and joint-organiser Rowan Irvine saw the tenth anniversary of Jordan’s death as an appropriate time to re-launch the memorial match.
He said: “I knew how much the match meant to me and how much it meant to the players who used to play and to Michelle and her family.
You may also want to watch:
“We used to play the match every year but as it’s 10 years this year, I thought we should do it again.
“As most of the players are now 18 it might be the last time we can get together before we go their separate ways in life,” he added.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
All are welcome to the match, which will kick off at 12pm at Cromwell Community College’s all-weather pitch in Chatteris. Food and a raffle is also on offer.
For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/events/1530272817297945/.