Jordan’s football teammates to take to the pitch for one final time in memorial match ten years after his death
- Credit: Archant
Friends, family and former teammates of a budding footballer who died ten years ago will pull on their boots and take to the pitch in a match organised in his memory.
Football-loving Jordan and his father, Dean, were tragically killed when the car they were travelling in plunged into the Forty Foot in Ramsey in December 2005 and his former teammates are to come together for one final game to remember him on Sunday December 20.
The match, organised by Jordan’s former Chatteris Fen Tiger teammates Josh Fox and Rowan Irvine is also in support of the Fenland Road Safety Campaign which Jordan’s mother, Michelle Lynch, has been heavily involved in since her son’s death.
Games in Jordan’s memory have been held in previous years, with the last taking place in 2012, and joint-organiser Rowan Irvine saw the tenth anniversary of Jordan’s death as an appropriate time to re-launch the memorial match.
He said: “I knew how much the match meant to me and how much it meant to the players who used to play and to Michelle and her family.
“We used to play the match every year but as it’s 10 years this year, I thought we should do it again.
“As most of the players are now 18 it might be the last time we can get together before we go their separate ways in life,” he added.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
All are welcome to the match, which will kick off at 12pm at Cromwell Community College’s all-weather pitch in Chatteris. Food and a raffle is also on offer.
For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/events/1530272817297945/.