Junior Vase draw: Wisbech Rugby Club handed quarter-final trip to in-form London Exiles
WISBECH Rugby Club will face their sternest test so far in the quarter-finals of the Junior Vase after being drawn away to in-form London Exiles.
It will be the first time that Wisbech have been forced to play away from Harecroft Road in the competition, which has already seen them cruise past Old Brentwoods, Thetford and Billericay.
And Ben McCall’s side will need to produce their best rugby to see off the Exiles, who currently sit second in their Surrey Division One league.
Captain Shane Vickers said: “We know this will be our biggest test so far and that just makes us more pumped for it. All the lads are really excited and training hard.”
The crucial Vase clash will take place on February 11. A Wisbech win would put them within three matches of the final at Twickenham.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech, who sit second in Greene King Eastern Counties Division One, host Woodbridge in the league on Saturday.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite