Junior Vase draw: Wisbech Rugby Club handed quarter-final trip to in-form London Exiles
WISBECH Rugby Club will face their sternest test so far in the quarter-finals of the Junior Vase after being drawn away to in-form London Exiles.
It will be the first time that Wisbech have been forced to play away from Harecroft Road in the competition, which has already seen them cruise past Old Brentwoods, Thetford and Billericay.
And Ben McCall’s side will need to produce their best rugby to see off the Exiles, who currently sit second in their Surrey Division One league.
Captain Shane Vickers said: “We know this will be our biggest test so far and that just makes us more pumped for it. All the lads are really excited and training hard.”
The crucial Vase clash will take place on February 11. A Wisbech win would put them within three matches of the final at Twickenham.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech, who sit second in Greene King Eastern Counties Division One, host Woodbridge in the league on Saturday.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards