Karting star George Russell continues British Championship charge with double victory
KARTING ace George Russell sped to a pair of victories at the third round of the British Championship.
The Forza Racing star dominated proceedings at the Larkhall circuit to take his tally to four wins out of six in the championship.
But Russell, from Tydd St Giles, did not have it all his own way. He qualified in sixth place before finishing second and third in the heats.
Carburation issues looked set to ruin the teenager’s chances in the final as Croatian driver Martin Kodric took a sizeable lead.
But a determined Russell gradually reeled in his rival to record the fastest lap of the race.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I pushed hard to catch Martin and I don’t think he expected the pass.”
Russell sealed a fine round by claiming a lights-to-flag victory in the second final.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
He will now head to Braga, Portugal, to represent the UK in the first round of the Academy Trophy.