Karting star George Russell continues British Championship charge with double victory
KARTING ace George Russell sped to a pair of victories at the third round of the British Championship.
The Forza Racing star dominated proceedings at the Larkhall circuit to take his tally to four wins out of six in the championship.
But Russell, from Tydd St Giles, did not have it all his own way. He qualified in sixth place before finishing second and third in the heats.
Carburation issues looked set to ruin the teenager’s chances in the final as Croatian driver Martin Kodric took a sizeable lead.
But a determined Russell gradually reeled in his rival to record the fastest lap of the race.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I pushed hard to catch Martin and I don’t think he expected the pass.”
Russell sealed a fine round by claiming a lights-to-flag victory in the second final.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
He will now head to Braga, Portugal, to represent the UK in the first round of the Academy Trophy.