Karting star George Russell continues British Championship charge with double victory
KARTING ace George Russell sped to a pair of victories at the third round of the British Championship.
The Forza Racing star dominated proceedings at the Larkhall circuit to take his tally to four wins out of six in the championship.
But Russell, from Tydd St Giles, did not have it all his own way. He qualified in sixth place before finishing second and third in the heats.
Carburation issues looked set to ruin the teenager’s chances in the final as Croatian driver Martin Kodric took a sizeable lead.
But a determined Russell gradually reeled in his rival to record the fastest lap of the race.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I pushed hard to catch Martin and I don’t think he expected the pass.”
Russell sealed a fine round by claiming a lights-to-flag victory in the second final.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 7 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
He will now head to Braga, Portugal, to represent the UK in the first round of the Academy Trophy.