Karting stars toast their titles after action-packed British Championships
MORE than 70 karts took to the track at Manea as junior and senior racers battled to become British Grass Karting Champions.
Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club hosted the British Championships last Sunday, following a fun day on the Saturday.
The heats were marred by a nasty collision which forced Jamie Chapman to retire through injury.
But the finals proceeded in the afternoon, with close races and shock results keeping the crowd entertained.
A rear tyre blowout robbed Ashley Hornigold of victory in the 250 four-stroke class final, with Craig Jackson speeding past to claim the title.
You may also want to watch:
Maddie Williams pipped Beth Brooker and Alex Ward to the 70cc prize while Henry Laws triumphed in the 90cc category.
The hotly contested junior 125 four-stroke final saw four racers fail to finish, including March’s Harry Hensby and Upwell’s Joshua Smith. Luke Huggins came from fifth in the grid to take the title.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
Stephen Gardener, Ian Laws and Kevin Jackson also raced their way to the top of the podium with impressive performances in their classes.
For full results visit wdkrc.com