The opening meeting of the Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club s 2006 championship got off the line at the weekend. James Fisher won the junior 70cc class ahead of Marcus Pett and Luke Maders. Ashley Hudson put in a flying performance to win the 100cc c
The opening meeting of the Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club's 2006 championship got off the line at the weekend.
James Fisher won the junior 70cc class ahead of Marcus Pett and Luke Maders.
Ashley Hudson put in a flying performance to win the 100cc class ahead of second-placed Jack Swann.
In the new 125cc four-stroke class, Sam Russell took the chequered flag ahead of George Carter and Charlotte Ward.
Joe Carter put in an impressive display to win the 125cc senior race ahead of Allen Brunton in second and Steve Elsom third.
Paul Gutteridge took maximum points with five wins in the 250cc class. Rob Lawson finished second and Marcus Hudson third.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 8 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
The junior all-comers race was won by Sam Russell while Paul Gutteridge took the senior race.
The junior of the day award went to Sadie Golding and all trophies were kindly sponsored by Robin Secker, of Tan Rose Nurseries, Outwell.