Ketton Ladies 1-2 March Town Ladies: Barbour’s 11th goal in five games helps Hares to fourth straight league success
- Credit: Archant
It’s safe to say that March Town Ladies are flying the flag for the club this season.
While the men’s first team is struggling to find form in the Thurlow Nunn Division One, the Ladies are flying high in the S-Tech Women’s Championship North thanks to a fourth consecutive win.
March maintained their 100 per cent record away at title challengers Ketton thanks to the red-hot Louise Barbour’s 11th goal in five games and a strike from Tiff Hyne after Ketton had taken the lead on the hour.
The Ladies are in knock-out competition action this Sunday (2pm) with a clash against league rivals P&L Motors Diamonds in the League Cup.
They then take on league-toppers and local rivals Wisbech St Mary Ladies on November 6.
You may also want to watch:
Like March, St Mary boast a 100 per cent record this season after hitting an impressive 26 goals in four league contests.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million