16-year-old Three Counties runner smashes 5k personal best at King’s Lynn Parkrun with sub 18 minute finish
- Credit: Archant
A junior Three Counties Running Club member smashed his personal 5k record at the King’s Lynn Parkrun last week with a sub 18 minute finish.
16-year-old Morgan Harrison not only finished with a fantastic personal best (PB) but also 1st in age and 2nd overall out of 339 runners.
Along with Morgan, Three Counties Running Club (TCRC) had another 15 members running, finishing with various other PBs.
Morgan Harrison 17:43PB, Gary Bligh 20:44(1st in age), Richard Betts 21:20PB(2nd in age), Matt Hunter 22:57, Sarah Clark 23:05PB, Vicki Drake 24:02PB, Dawn Ball 24:27PB, Gary Ingrey 25:18PB, Tracy Pratt 25:24, Sarah-Jane Macdonald 25:52 PB, Keith White 25:56, Marc Martin 26:11, Alice Ingman 27:32, Heidi Chapman 28:22, Jennie Sinclair 32:58PB and Lou Crane 37:48.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah-jane Macdonald, of the club, said: “Sandra Rhodes took part in her first ever 23 mile hike raising money for Cancer Research.
“The North Norfolk hike started from Wells-next-to-the Sea travelling through Holkham, Burnham, Brancaster and finishing on the cliff tops at Hunstanton.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
“Zoe Gourley took to the streets of Leicester Running in the 10k Run for all Event. Zoe finished with a great time of 55:10.
“Junior Parkrun had a good turnout of 32 runners this week with seven TCRC junior members taking part.
“First club runner home in the 2k event was Maisie Macdonald finishing 4th overall and 1st in age.
“Maisie not only collected her half marathon wristband for completing 11 races but also got her PB finishing in 8:58.
“Casey Grange was the next club member to finish as 3rd female, 2nd in age and with a new PB 10:45.
“Rebekah Clough 11:06, Sarah Clough 11:08, Stephanie Harbord 13:05, Rio Drake 13:07PB and Jack Petts 18:27.
“Joely Apps ran her 150th Parkrun which is quite an achievement at such a young age running at Heartwood Forest finishing in 33:48.”
Other parkrun results:
Melvin Green 30:42 PB
Victoria May 29:07CPB
Tracey Else 24:25PB
Colin Apps 23:12
TCRC are next flying the flag at the Rutland Half Marathon on September 16.