King’s Lynn Town keeper Alex Street signs dual registration forms with Wisbech Town
WISBECH Town have signed their second goalkeeper of the week after King’s Lynn Town star Alex Street penned dual registration forms.
The 21-year-old will be available for the Linnets’ FA Trophy tie against Barwell on Saturday - but he may feature for Steve Appleby’s Fenmen for much of the rest of the season.
After Danny Gay rejoined Lynn last week, Street found himself down the pecking order and rejected the chance to join Holbeach United on loan.
A move to Wisbech appealed to Street as Fenmen keepers Lea Jordan and Tom Roberts are both sidelined with injuries. Appleby also signed Ricky Lovelace as goalkeeping cover this week.
Street said on Twitter: “Looking forward to learning off Danny Gay but also looking forward to playing for Wisbech Town! #bestofbothworlds.”
You may also want to watch:
The dual registration forms mean Street can play for Lynn - probably in the FA Trophy and league cup - but also Wisbech.
The shot-stopper, better known as Pedro, has been an almost ever-present in between the sticks for the Linnets since moving to the club, along with manager Gary Setchell, after the pair decided to swap Wisbech for their fierce rivals in 2010.
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
Street will continue to train with Lynn on a weekly basis throughout the season.