King’s Lynn Town keeper Alex Street signs dual registration forms with Wisbech Town
WISBECH Town have signed their second goalkeeper of the week after King’s Lynn Town star Alex Street penned dual registration forms.
The 21-year-old will be available for the Linnets’ FA Trophy tie against Barwell on Saturday - but he may feature for Steve Appleby’s Fenmen for much of the rest of the season.
After Danny Gay rejoined Lynn last week, Street found himself down the pecking order and rejected the chance to join Holbeach United on loan.
A move to Wisbech appealed to Street as Fenmen keepers Lea Jordan and Tom Roberts are both sidelined with injuries. Appleby also signed Ricky Lovelace as goalkeeping cover this week.
Street said on Twitter: “Looking forward to learning off Danny Gay but also looking forward to playing for Wisbech Town! #bestofbothworlds.”
You may also want to watch:
The dual registration forms mean Street can play for Lynn - probably in the FA Trophy and league cup - but also Wisbech.
The shot-stopper, better known as Pedro, has been an almost ever-present in between the sticks for the Linnets since moving to the club, along with manager Gary Setchell, after the pair decided to swap Wisbech for their fierce rivals in 2010.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
Street will continue to train with Lynn on a weekly basis throughout the season.