King’s Lynn Town keeper Alex Street signs dual registration forms with Wisbech Town
WISBECH Town have signed their second goalkeeper of the week after King’s Lynn Town star Alex Street penned dual registration forms.
The 21-year-old will be available for the Linnets’ FA Trophy tie against Barwell on Saturday - but he may feature for Steve Appleby’s Fenmen for much of the rest of the season.
After Danny Gay rejoined Lynn last week, Street found himself down the pecking order and rejected the chance to join Holbeach United on loan.
A move to Wisbech appealed to Street as Fenmen keepers Lea Jordan and Tom Roberts are both sidelined with injuries. Appleby also signed Ricky Lovelace as goalkeeping cover this week.
Street said on Twitter: “Looking forward to learning off Danny Gay but also looking forward to playing for Wisbech Town! #bestofbothworlds.”
The dual registration forms mean Street can play for Lynn - probably in the FA Trophy and league cup - but also Wisbech.
The shot-stopper, better known as Pedro, has been an almost ever-present in between the sticks for the Linnets since moving to the club, along with manager Gary Setchell, after the pair decided to swap Wisbech for their fierce rivals in 2010.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
Street will continue to train with Lynn on a weekly basis throughout the season.