King’s Lynn Town winger Jamie Thurlbourne turns down move to Wisbech Town
- Credit: Matthew Usher
KING’S Lynn Town winger Jamie Thurlbourne has turned down a move to their fierce rivals Wisbech Town.
Appleby made a move for the wideman on Friday and thought he had a good chance of landing his target after the Linnets waived his seven-day approach.
But, after talking with Lynn boss Gary Setchell, Thurlbourne has indicated that he will remain at The Walks.
Appleby said: “We enquired and did things right. Jamie definitely said he was keen to come but it seems like, after talking with Setch, he’s staying at Lynn.
“The seven-day approach is still in for him - but I never said he was definitely coming.”
Setchell said: “Wisbech put seven days in for Jamie so I let him speak to them. I always waive seven-day approaches because I don’t want the speculation.”
The Linnets boss added: “Jamie is staying at King’s Lynn and he’s happy to be here. He’s been a King’s Lynn player for two-and-a-half years and nothing will change.”
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Thurlbourne, hailed by his manager as having one of the best left foots outside of the football league, impressed during a spell with Wisbech in 2008.
The Fenmen’s Thurlow Nunn Premier Division trip to Ely City tomorrow has been postponed due to the snowy conditions.
• WISBECH Town will face a mammoth trek to Cornwall or Northumberland if they see of Gornal Athletic in their FA Vase fourth-round clash on Saturday.
The Fenmen have been drawn away to either Bodmin Town or Ashington in the last 16.
• FOR THE LATEST FENMEN NEWS SEE FRIDAY’S PAPER.