King’s Lynn Town winger Jamie Thurlbourne turns down move to Wisbech Town
- Credit: Matthew Usher
KING’S Lynn Town winger Jamie Thurlbourne has turned down a move to their fierce rivals Wisbech Town.
Appleby made a move for the wideman on Friday and thought he had a good chance of landing his target after the Linnets waived his seven-day approach.
But, after talking with Lynn boss Gary Setchell, Thurlbourne has indicated that he will remain at The Walks.
Appleby said: “We enquired and did things right. Jamie definitely said he was keen to come but it seems like, after talking with Setch, he’s staying at Lynn.
“The seven-day approach is still in for him - but I never said he was definitely coming.”
Setchell said: “Wisbech put seven days in for Jamie so I let him speak to them. I always waive seven-day approaches because I don’t want the speculation.”
The Linnets boss added: “Jamie is staying at King’s Lynn and he’s happy to be here. He’s been a King’s Lynn player for two-and-a-half years and nothing will change.”
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 10 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
Thurlbourne, hailed by his manager as having one of the best left foots outside of the football league, impressed during a spell with Wisbech in 2008.
The Fenmen’s Thurlow Nunn Premier Division trip to Ely City tomorrow has been postponed due to the snowy conditions.
• WISBECH Town will face a mammoth trek to Cornwall or Northumberland if they see of Gornal Athletic in their FA Vase fourth-round clash on Saturday.
The Fenmen have been drawn away to either Bodmin Town or Ashington in the last 16.
• FOR THE LATEST FENMEN NEWS SEE FRIDAY’S PAPER.