King’s Lynn Town winger Jamie Thurlbourne turns down move to Wisbech Town
- Credit: Matthew Usher
KING’S Lynn Town winger Jamie Thurlbourne has turned down a move to their fierce rivals Wisbech Town.
Appleby made a move for the wideman on Friday and thought he had a good chance of landing his target after the Linnets waived his seven-day approach.
But, after talking with Lynn boss Gary Setchell, Thurlbourne has indicated that he will remain at The Walks.
Appleby said: “We enquired and did things right. Jamie definitely said he was keen to come but it seems like, after talking with Setch, he’s staying at Lynn.
“The seven-day approach is still in for him - but I never said he was definitely coming.”
You may also want to watch:
Setchell said: “Wisbech put seven days in for Jamie so I let him speak to them. I always waive seven-day approaches because I don’t want the speculation.”
The Linnets boss added: “Jamie is staying at King’s Lynn and he’s happy to be here. He’s been a King’s Lynn player for two-and-a-half years and nothing will change.”
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
Thurlbourne, hailed by his manager as having one of the best left foots outside of the football league, impressed during a spell with Wisbech in 2008.
The Fenmen’s Thurlow Nunn Premier Division trip to Ely City tomorrow has been postponed due to the snowy conditions.
• WISBECH Town will face a mammoth trek to Cornwall or Northumberland if they see of Gornal Athletic in their FA Vase fourth-round clash on Saturday.
The Fenmen have been drawn away to either Bodmin Town or Ashington in the last 16.
• FOR THE LATEST FENMEN NEWS SEE FRIDAY’S PAPER.