Kiwi paceman Kurt Law to sign for Wisbech Town Cricket Club... if his visa is granted
- Credit: Archant
NEW Zealand paceman Kurt Law is set to become Wisbech Town Cricket Club’s new overseas star... if he is granted a six-month visa.
Law, who plays for Auckland University, is waiting to hear whether he will be able to complete a move which Wisbech skipper Alan Burton says is “50-50” to go ahead.
“I played with Kurt for two years when I was in New Zealand,” said Burton. “He’s a quick, outswing bowler and he’s a wicket-taker.
“He’s a very aggressive bowler and he’s got a good yard of pace, but he can’t bat for toffee.
“At the moment he’s only got a three-month working visa, so we are waiting to hear if he can get a six-month one. It seems a bit 50-50 at the moment.”
Wisbech have signed a new wicket-keeper batsman, landing teenage talent Josh Bowers from Market Deeping.
Burton said: “Josh will fit into the side well. He’s a good player who has got a lot of promise.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
“It’s all looking good at the moment. We are training hard and we can’t wait for the season to start.”
Wisbech begin their Tucker Gardner Premier League campaign with a trip to newly-promoted Waresley on April 20.