Kiwi paceman Kurt Law to sign for Wisbech Town Cricket Club... if his visa is granted
- Credit: Archant
NEW Zealand paceman Kurt Law is set to become Wisbech Town Cricket Club’s new overseas star... if he is granted a six-month visa.
Law, who plays for Auckland University, is waiting to hear whether he will be able to complete a move which Wisbech skipper Alan Burton says is “50-50” to go ahead.
“I played with Kurt for two years when I was in New Zealand,” said Burton. “He’s a quick, outswing bowler and he’s a wicket-taker.
“He’s a very aggressive bowler and he’s got a good yard of pace, but he can’t bat for toffee.
“At the moment he’s only got a three-month working visa, so we are waiting to hear if he can get a six-month one. It seems a bit 50-50 at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech have signed a new wicket-keeper batsman, landing teenage talent Josh Bowers from Market Deeping.
Burton said: “Josh will fit into the side well. He’s a good player who has got a lot of promise.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
“It’s all looking good at the moment. We are training hard and we can’t wait for the season to start.”
Wisbech begin their Tucker Gardner Premier League campaign with a trip to newly-promoted Waresley on April 20.