Kiwi paceman Kurt Law to sign for Wisbech Town Cricket Club... if his visa is granted
- Credit: Archant
NEW Zealand paceman Kurt Law is set to become Wisbech Town Cricket Club’s new overseas star... if he is granted a six-month visa.
Law, who plays for Auckland University, is waiting to hear whether he will be able to complete a move which Wisbech skipper Alan Burton says is “50-50” to go ahead.
“I played with Kurt for two years when I was in New Zealand,” said Burton. “He’s a quick, outswing bowler and he’s a wicket-taker.
“He’s a very aggressive bowler and he’s got a good yard of pace, but he can’t bat for toffee.
“At the moment he’s only got a three-month working visa, so we are waiting to hear if he can get a six-month one. It seems a bit 50-50 at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech have signed a new wicket-keeper batsman, landing teenage talent Josh Bowers from Market Deeping.
Burton said: “Josh will fit into the side well. He’s a good player who has got a lot of promise.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
“It’s all looking good at the moment. We are training hard and we can’t wait for the season to start.”
Wisbech begin their Tucker Gardner Premier League campaign with a trip to newly-promoted Waresley on April 20.