Ladies Day and Brighton Marathon success for Fenland Running Club
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members were in action all over the country over the weekend, with runners lacing up their running shoes to take part in the Spalding Tri Club Tulip 10k and the Brighton Marathon.
It was ladies day for FRC at Spalding; with six Fenland runners among the 95 finishers on the out-and-back course, which started at finished at the Springfields Exhibition Centre.
Jay Gilbert was first home, and Julie Garner and Tracy Adams both bagged new personal bests.
Sally King was also out running a 10k, but for the first time, at the Run of All City of Lincoln 10k. Joined by her husband, Ian, she recorded a respectable time of one hour, 15 minutes and 20 seconds.
Elsewhere, Joanne Clarke and Jon Rowell travelled to Brighton to join almost 7,000 other runners at the city’s marathon on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Joanna ran her best marathon to date, shaving a massive 25 minutes off her previous best time to record a time of four hours, 41 minutes and two seconds.
The duo ran together for the first 18 miles of the race, but a calf injury forced Jon to drop back. However, he persevered and crossed the line in a time of five hours, two minutes and 56 seconds.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit