Ladies’ day: Fenland Running Club stars toast victorious week
AN INSPIRED performance from Fenland Running Club’s ladies almost scooped them a full set of prizes at the Bob Hancock five-mile race.
Ann Trett won the senior ladies category, followed by team-mates Paulina Zub and Letitia Cruickshank, who took the second and third prizes.
Lucy Chessor took the ladies vet 35 trophy with Maire Irlam victorious in the ladies vet 45 section. Chessor, Irlam and Trett then combined to claim the team prize.
Six of 17 FRC runners finished within 20 minutes at a 5K in Ferry Meadows - the latest race in the Peterborough Grand Prix series. Jack Trow (15th, 17:01), Robin Parker (20th, 17:22) and Rebecca Cousins (36th, 18.21) led the way.
Robbie Howlett (71st, 19:31) and Tim Chapman (74th, 19:38) represented FRC at the City of Norwich Athletic Club’s Lord Mayor’s 5K Classic.
You may also want to watch:
Trow (6th, 34.49) rounded off a busy week for the club on Sunday by leading six FRC runners home at the Bushfield Joggers 10K.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal