Ladies’ day: Fenland Running Club stars toast victorious week
AN INSPIRED performance from Fenland Running Club’s ladies almost scooped them a full set of prizes at the Bob Hancock five-mile race.
Ann Trett won the senior ladies category, followed by team-mates Paulina Zub and Letitia Cruickshank, who took the second and third prizes.
Lucy Chessor took the ladies vet 35 trophy with Maire Irlam victorious in the ladies vet 45 section. Chessor, Irlam and Trett then combined to claim the team prize.
Six of 17 FRC runners finished within 20 minutes at a 5K in Ferry Meadows - the latest race in the Peterborough Grand Prix series. Jack Trow (15th, 17:01), Robin Parker (20th, 17:22) and Rebecca Cousins (36th, 18.21) led the way.
Robbie Howlett (71st, 19:31) and Tim Chapman (74th, 19:38) represented FRC at the City of Norwich Athletic Club’s Lord Mayor’s 5K Classic.
Trow (6th, 34.49) rounded off a busy week for the club on Sunday by leading six FRC runners home at the Bushfield Joggers 10K.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge