Ladies’ day: Fenland Running Club stars toast victorious week
AN INSPIRED performance from Fenland Running Club’s ladies almost scooped them a full set of prizes at the Bob Hancock five-mile race.
Ann Trett won the senior ladies category, followed by team-mates Paulina Zub and Letitia Cruickshank, who took the second and third prizes.
Lucy Chessor took the ladies vet 35 trophy with Maire Irlam victorious in the ladies vet 45 section. Chessor, Irlam and Trett then combined to claim the team prize.
Six of 17 FRC runners finished within 20 minutes at a 5K in Ferry Meadows - the latest race in the Peterborough Grand Prix series. Jack Trow (15th, 17:01), Robin Parker (20th, 17:22) and Rebecca Cousins (36th, 18.21) led the way.
Robbie Howlett (71st, 19:31) and Tim Chapman (74th, 19:38) represented FRC at the City of Norwich Athletic Club’s Lord Mayor’s 5K Classic.
You may also want to watch:
Trow (6th, 34.49) rounded off a busy week for the club on Sunday by leading six FRC runners home at the Bushfield Joggers 10K.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early
- 10 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory