Ladies’ day: Fenland Running Club stars toast victorious week
AN INSPIRED performance from Fenland Running Club’s ladies almost scooped them a full set of prizes at the Bob Hancock five-mile race.
Ann Trett won the senior ladies category, followed by team-mates Paulina Zub and Letitia Cruickshank, who took the second and third prizes.
Lucy Chessor took the ladies vet 35 trophy with Maire Irlam victorious in the ladies vet 45 section. Chessor, Irlam and Trett then combined to claim the team prize.
Six of 17 FRC runners finished within 20 minutes at a 5K in Ferry Meadows - the latest race in the Peterborough Grand Prix series. Jack Trow (15th, 17:01), Robin Parker (20th, 17:22) and Rebecca Cousins (36th, 18.21) led the way.
Robbie Howlett (71st, 19:31) and Tim Chapman (74th, 19:38) represented FRC at the City of Norwich Athletic Club’s Lord Mayor’s 5K Classic.
You may also want to watch:
Trow (6th, 34.49) rounded off a busy week for the club on Sunday by leading six FRC runners home at the Bushfield Joggers 10K.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies