Ladies dominate at Fenland Running Club’s awards evening
- Credit: Archant
IT was a great night for the ladies at Fenland Running Club’s awards evening on Saturday.
They scooped ten of the 15 awards at a lavish ceremony at the White Lion Hotel, Wisbech.
The new members award for commitment and attendance at training went to Jay Gilbert. Her sister-in-law Michelle Gilbert took the marathon award.
The round Norfolk relay award went to Maire Irlam.
Anne Trett picked up the award for the 5km Peterborough Grand Prix Series, the most improved runner went to Tracy Veenendaal, the Hayden Practice shield for supporting members and the club was presented to Mel Murdoch and the first female 5km time trial award was won by Ellen Drew.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Gauvin was the ladies summer time trials champion, Stacy Webb won the Jane Tagney ladies memorial mile and Nicole Coughlin picked up the special female marathon award for outstanding performance.
Richard Betts was club champion, John Chapman received the Geoff Tye memorial trophy for outstanding performance in an overseas marathon, Richard Hines triumphed in the men’s summer champion time trial and Martin Jennings came out on top in the men’s 5km time trial.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Body found in Wisbech road
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Will Thorpe won the men’s Jane Tagney memorial mile and a special male marathon Award for outstanding performance was awarded to Matt Pyatt, who set a new club Marathon Record.