Ladies dominate at Fenland Running Club’s awards evening
- Credit: Archant
IT was a great night for the ladies at Fenland Running Club’s awards evening on Saturday.
They scooped ten of the 15 awards at a lavish ceremony at the White Lion Hotel, Wisbech.
The new members award for commitment and attendance at training went to Jay Gilbert. Her sister-in-law Michelle Gilbert took the marathon award.
The round Norfolk relay award went to Maire Irlam.
Anne Trett picked up the award for the 5km Peterborough Grand Prix Series, the most improved runner went to Tracy Veenendaal, the Hayden Practice shield for supporting members and the club was presented to Mel Murdoch and the first female 5km time trial award was won by Ellen Drew.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Gauvin was the ladies summer time trials champion, Stacy Webb won the Jane Tagney ladies memorial mile and Nicole Coughlin picked up the special female marathon award for outstanding performance.
Richard Betts was club champion, John Chapman received the Geoff Tye memorial trophy for outstanding performance in an overseas marathon, Richard Hines triumphed in the men’s summer champion time trial and Martin Jennings came out on top in the men’s 5km time trial.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
Will Thorpe won the men’s Jane Tagney memorial mile and a special male marathon Award for outstanding performance was awarded to Matt Pyatt, who set a new club Marathon Record.