Ladies dominate at Fenland Running Club’s awards evening
- Credit: Archant
IT was a great night for the ladies at Fenland Running Club’s awards evening on Saturday.
They scooped ten of the 15 awards at a lavish ceremony at the White Lion Hotel, Wisbech.
The new members award for commitment and attendance at training went to Jay Gilbert. Her sister-in-law Michelle Gilbert took the marathon award.
The round Norfolk relay award went to Maire Irlam.
Anne Trett picked up the award for the 5km Peterborough Grand Prix Series, the most improved runner went to Tracy Veenendaal, the Hayden Practice shield for supporting members and the club was presented to Mel Murdoch and the first female 5km time trial award was won by Ellen Drew.
Sarah Gauvin was the ladies summer time trials champion, Stacy Webb won the Jane Tagney ladies memorial mile and Nicole Coughlin picked up the special female marathon award for outstanding performance.
Richard Betts was club champion, John Chapman received the Geoff Tye memorial trophy for outstanding performance in an overseas marathon, Richard Hines triumphed in the men’s summer champion time trial and Martin Jennings came out on top in the men’s 5km time trial.
- 1 Three March locals win £30k each on Postcode Lottery
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 4 Police officer dismissed for breaching bail conditions
- 5 Carnival lights up village as sports day marks 100 years
- 6 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 9 Big Bash concludes eight days of triumph for town
- 10 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
Will Thorpe won the men’s Jane Tagney memorial mile and a special male marathon Award for outstanding performance was awarded to Matt Pyatt, who set a new club Marathon Record.