Injury-hit March Town Ladies slump to first Cambs League defeat
- Credit: Archant
Injuries proved costly for March Town Ladies as they slumped to their first league defeat of the season.
The Hares were beaten 8-1 by St Ives Town Ladies Development in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division on Sunday, despite taking the lead through Yazmin Holmes who turned in an Abby Grist cross.
A misplaced cross drew St Ives level after Josie Turner and Kelsey Ramm could not take their chances for the visitors.
Injury then struck for two of March’s centre-backs as the hosts took full advantage in the second-half with two quickfire goals.
Gary Davis’ side showed some fight after the break, Naomi McGarvie seeing a good effort saved, but the Ives dominated and scored five more times to go top of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the match was Adele Munday.
Next up for March is a league fixture with fellow Fenland outfit Whittlesey Athletic Ladies at the GER on Sunday, October 18, 2pm.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road