Park Ladies score six of the best in resounding Cambridgeshire County League win
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies began their promotion bid to Cambridgeshire’s top flight in style with a resounding win on the road.
Rob Mitchell’s team took 15 minutes to settle but found their rhythm in a 6-0 victory at Deeping United Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Women’s County League.
Georgia Payne was brought down after a powerful run into the penalty area, before Fran Plitsch converted the spot-kick on 17 minutes.
Plitsch then turned provider as she squared a pass to Payne, whose dipping shot from outside the penalty area found its way past the goalkeeper nine minutes later.
The visitors continued to pressure Deeping after half-time and added a third on 73 minutes as Eilish Brown netted from Payne’s cross following a strong left-sided run from Erin Powell.
You may also want to watch:
Powell then fed Payne who completed her hat-trick with a low shot five minutes from time.
Plitsch added her second with a drilled effort, before Payne scored once more for her fourth and Park’s sixth.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
Last weekend also marked a farewell performance from Park’s Darcy Howe, who is heading to university.
Player of the match – Eilish Brown.
Park Ladies host Eaton Socon Ladies in the league on Sunday, September 27, 2pm.