Park Ladies score six of the best in resounding Cambridgeshire County League win
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies began their promotion bid to Cambridgeshire’s top flight in style with a resounding win on the road.
Rob Mitchell’s team took 15 minutes to settle but found their rhythm in a 6-0 victory at Deeping United Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Women’s County League.
Georgia Payne was brought down after a powerful run into the penalty area, before Fran Plitsch converted the spot-kick on 17 minutes.
Plitsch then turned provider as she squared a pass to Payne, whose dipping shot from outside the penalty area found its way past the goalkeeper nine minutes later.
The visitors continued to pressure Deeping after half-time and added a third on 73 minutes as Eilish Brown netted from Payne’s cross following a strong left-sided run from Erin Powell.
You may also want to watch:
Powell then fed Payne who completed her hat-trick with a low shot five minutes from time.
Plitsch added her second with a drilled effort, before Payne scored once more for her fourth and Park’s sixth.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
Last weekend also marked a farewell performance from Park’s Darcy Howe, who is heading to university.
Player of the match – Eilish Brown.
Park Ladies host Eaton Socon Ladies in the league on Sunday, September 27, 2pm.