Park Ladies score six of the best in resounding Cambridgeshire County League win
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies began their promotion bid to Cambridgeshire’s top flight in style with a resounding win on the road.
Rob Mitchell’s team took 15 minutes to settle but found their rhythm in a 6-0 victory at Deeping United Ladies in the Championship North Division of the Women’s County League.
Georgia Payne was brought down after a powerful run into the penalty area, before Fran Plitsch converted the spot-kick on 17 minutes.
Plitsch then turned provider as she squared a pass to Payne, whose dipping shot from outside the penalty area found its way past the goalkeeper nine minutes later.
The visitors continued to pressure Deeping after half-time and added a third on 73 minutes as Eilish Brown netted from Payne’s cross following a strong left-sided run from Erin Powell.
You may also want to watch:
Powell then fed Payne who completed her hat-trick with a low shot five minutes from time.
Plitsch added her second with a drilled effort, before Payne scored once more for her fourth and Park’s sixth.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Body found in Wisbech road
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Last weekend also marked a farewell performance from Park’s Darcy Howe, who is heading to university.
Player of the match – Eilish Brown.
Park Ladies host Eaton Socon Ladies in the league on Sunday, September 27, 2pm.