Park Ladies eye promotion challenge in bid to join Fenland neighbours
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies are gunning for a promotion challenge as they look to pick up where they left off.
Rob Mitchell’s team were on course for a place in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division before the coronavirus pandemic cancelled the 2019-20 campaign.
“No football for three months took its toll on the players’ mental and physical health,” Rob Mitchell, head coach of Park Ladies, said.
“Luckily, Park managed to secure funding from the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation which supplies the ladies with essential individual and team training equipment to allow them to get ready for football’s return.”
The team, who play their home matches at Parkfield Sports Club in Wimblington, have also been working on the pitch with small group and team training, as well as pre-season friendlies.
“We gave ourselves some tough pre-season tests to enable us to learn and improve which resulted in a few heavy losses at the start but ended in excellent performances towards the end,” Mitchell said.
“We have our sights on a promotion place this season to join our fellow Fenland clubs, March and Leverington, in the S-Tech Premiership.”
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Park start their Championship North season at Deeping United Ladies on Sunday, September 20, 2pm.
The club would like to thank kit sponsor Knowles Transport and training kit sponsor T Payne Estate Agents.