Park Ladies eye promotion challenge in bid to join Fenland neighbours
- Credit: Archant
Park Ladies are gunning for a promotion challenge as they look to pick up where they left off.
Rob Mitchell’s team were on course for a place in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division before the coronavirus pandemic cancelled the 2019-20 campaign.
“No football for three months took its toll on the players’ mental and physical health,” Rob Mitchell, head coach of Park Ladies, said.
“Luckily, Park managed to secure funding from the Cambridgeshire Community Foundation which supplies the ladies with essential individual and team training equipment to allow them to get ready for football’s return.”
The team, who play their home matches at Parkfield Sports Club in Wimblington, have also been working on the pitch with small group and team training, as well as pre-season friendlies.
You may also want to watch:
“We gave ourselves some tough pre-season tests to enable us to learn and improve which resulted in a few heavy losses at the start but ended in excellent performances towards the end,” Mitchell said.
“We have our sights on a promotion place this season to join our fellow Fenland clubs, March and Leverington, in the S-Tech Premiership.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick
Park start their Championship North season at Deeping United Ladies on Sunday, September 20, 2pm.
The club would like to thank kit sponsor Knowles Transport and training kit sponsor T Payne Estate Agents.