Last gasp try helps Wisbech Grammar School claim Hampshire Collegiate School Cup
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School’s first XV kicked off the season in style with a south coast tournament win.
The team retained the Hampshire Collegiate School Cup, with newly appointed captain Patrick Webb named as player of the tournament.
The Grammar School drew 7-7 with Cokethorpe School, with an interception try from open side flanker Freddy Foreman cancelling out the opposition’s first-minute try.
They then beat hosts Hampshire Collegiate School 19-0, with tries from Patrick Reeve, Foreman and Ryan Hutler.
There was also a 7-5 victory against Bath-based Monkton Combe School, with a try by Foreman, and Hutler crossed the line in a 5-0 win against Richard Huish College.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, centre Hutler scored a late try under the posts to seal a 7-0 win over Cokethorpe.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party