Last gasp try helps Wisbech Grammar School claim Hampshire Collegiate School Cup
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School’s first XV kicked off the season in style with a south coast tournament win.
The team retained the Hampshire Collegiate School Cup, with newly appointed captain Patrick Webb named as player of the tournament.
The Grammar School drew 7-7 with Cokethorpe School, with an interception try from open side flanker Freddy Foreman cancelling out the opposition’s first-minute try.
They then beat hosts Hampshire Collegiate School 19-0, with tries from Patrick Reeve, Foreman and Ryan Hutler.
There was also a 7-5 victory against Bath-based Monkton Combe School, with a try by Foreman, and Hutler crossed the line in a 5-0 win against Richard Huish College.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, centre Hutler scored a late try under the posts to seal a 7-0 win over Cokethorpe.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021