Last gasp try helps Wisbech Grammar School claim Hampshire Collegiate School Cup
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School’s first XV kicked off the season in style with a south coast tournament win.
The team retained the Hampshire Collegiate School Cup, with newly appointed captain Patrick Webb named as player of the tournament.
The Grammar School drew 7-7 with Cokethorpe School, with an interception try from open side flanker Freddy Foreman cancelling out the opposition’s first-minute try.
They then beat hosts Hampshire Collegiate School 19-0, with tries from Patrick Reeve, Foreman and Ryan Hutler.
There was also a 7-5 victory against Bath-based Monkton Combe School, with a try by Foreman, and Hutler crossed the line in a 5-0 win against Richard Huish College.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, centre Hutler scored a late try under the posts to seal a 7-0 win over Cokethorpe.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail