Launch of new six-a-side league
A NEW six-a-side league is to be launched in Whittlesey on Tuesday, and places are still available for teams wishing to take part. The new league will be launched by RWT, who have 14 years of experience in organising and running leagues in Peterborough an
A NEW six-a-side league is to be launched in Whittlesey on Tuesday, and places are still available for teams wishing to take part.
The new league will be launched by RWT, who have 14 years of experience in organising and running leagues in Peterborough and King's Lynn.
The synthetic pitch at Sir Harry Smith Community College will host the games that will be played on Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm to 9pm, and if demand is high, other nights of football will be introduced.
The league will be fully affiliated with the Football Association and matches will be officiated by qualified referees. Trophies will be awarded to league and cup winners as well as players of the season.
You may also want to watch:
In the past, RWT teams have gone on to compete in national and world cup competitions.
Anyone interested in entering a team in to the league should contact organiser Robert Windle on 01733 204445 or 07970 228790.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 4 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack