Launch of new six-a-side league
A NEW six-a-side league is to be launched in Whittlesey on Tuesday, and places are still available for teams wishing to take part. The new league will be launched by RWT, who have 14 years of experience in organising and running leagues in Peterborough an
A NEW six-a-side league is to be launched in Whittlesey on Tuesday, and places are still available for teams wishing to take part.
The new league will be launched by RWT, who have 14 years of experience in organising and running leagues in Peterborough and King's Lynn.
The synthetic pitch at Sir Harry Smith Community College will host the games that will be played on Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm to 9pm, and if demand is high, other nights of football will be introduced.
The league will be fully affiliated with the Football Association and matches will be officiated by qualified referees. Trophies will be awarded to league and cup winners as well as players of the season.
You may also want to watch:
In the past, RWT teams have gone on to compete in national and world cup competitions.
Anyone interested in entering a team in to the league should contact organiser Robert Windle on 01733 204445 or 07970 228790.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site