Legion march on to second win in a row
DOMINOES: Legion B recorded their second successive 8-1 victory in Section A of the March and District Dominoes League. The pairings of Derek Chapman and Alan Crain, and Neville Patrick and Gordon Tyers were undefeated as Legion B secured a comfortable vi
DOMINOES: Legion B recorded their second successive 8-1 victory in Section A of the March and District Dominoes League.
The pairings of Derek Chapman and Alan Crain, and Neville Patrick and Gordon Tyers were undefeated as Legion B secured a comfortable victory at Cons A.
Cricket B also enjoyed a good victory, beating visitors Buffs A 7-2. Bill Willox and D Smith went undefeated for the cricket club.
MTFSC took an early lead at Buffs B, but then fell apart to lose 6-3 and Legion A also took a 3-0 lead at home to Cons B before the visitors fought back to win 5-4.
You may also want to watch:
In Section B, leaders Walk the Dog were always in control as they won 5-4 at Cons C. David Stanmore and Don Fry won three games without conceding a leg.
A four-man Ship team were no match for visitors Cricket Club A, who won 8-1 and Braza A won 7-2 at GER B.
- 1 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 2 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Organisers plan for low-key return of Chatteris Midsummer Festival
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 7 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 8 Salon owner grateful to be 'back doing what I love'
- 9 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 10 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
The Braza pairings of Barbara Humphrey and Golden Frost, and Brian Follen and Mike Munden were undefeated.
Parkfield took the final three games in their home match against GER A and won 6-3.