Legion march on to second win in a row
DOMINOES: Legion B recorded their second successive 8-1 victory in Section A of the March and District Dominoes League. The pairings of Derek Chapman and Alan Crain, and Neville Patrick and Gordon Tyers were undefeated as Legion B secured a comfortable vi
DOMINOES: Legion B recorded their second successive 8-1 victory in Section A of the March and District Dominoes League.
The pairings of Derek Chapman and Alan Crain, and Neville Patrick and Gordon Tyers were undefeated as Legion B secured a comfortable victory at Cons A.
Cricket B also enjoyed a good victory, beating visitors Buffs A 7-2. Bill Willox and D Smith went undefeated for the cricket club.
MTFSC took an early lead at Buffs B, but then fell apart to lose 6-3 and Legion A also took a 3-0 lead at home to Cons B before the visitors fought back to win 5-4.
In Section B, leaders Walk the Dog were always in control as they won 5-4 at Cons C. David Stanmore and Don Fry won three games without conceding a leg.
A four-man Ship team were no match for visitors Cricket Club A, who won 8-1 and Braza A won 7-2 at GER B.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
The Braza pairings of Barbara Humphrey and Golden Frost, and Brian Follen and Mike Munden were undefeated.
Parkfield took the final three games in their home match against GER A and won 6-3.