Legion march on to second win in a row
DOMINOES: Legion B recorded their second successive 8-1 victory in Section A of the March and District Dominoes League. The pairings of Derek Chapman and Alan Crain, and Neville Patrick and Gordon Tyers were undefeated as Legion B secured a comfortable vi
DOMINOES: Legion B recorded their second successive 8-1 victory in Section A of the March and District Dominoes League.
The pairings of Derek Chapman and Alan Crain, and Neville Patrick and Gordon Tyers were undefeated as Legion B secured a comfortable victory at Cons A.
Cricket B also enjoyed a good victory, beating visitors Buffs A 7-2. Bill Willox and D Smith went undefeated for the cricket club.
MTFSC took an early lead at Buffs B, but then fell apart to lose 6-3 and Legion A also took a 3-0 lead at home to Cons B before the visitors fought back to win 5-4.
In Section B, leaders Walk the Dog were always in control as they won 5-4 at Cons C. David Stanmore and Don Fry won three games without conceding a leg.
A four-man Ship team were no match for visitors Cricket Club A, who won 8-1 and Braza A won 7-2 at GER B.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
The Braza pairings of Barbara Humphrey and Golden Frost, and Brian Follen and Mike Munden were undefeated.
Parkfield took the final three games in their home match against GER A and won 6-3.