Legion march on to second win in a row
DOMINOES: Legion B recorded their second successive 8-1 victory in Section A of the March and District Dominoes League. The pairings of Derek Chapman and Alan Crain, and Neville Patrick and Gordon Tyers were undefeated as Legion B secured a comfortable vi
DOMINOES: Legion B recorded their second successive 8-1 victory in Section A of the March and District Dominoes League.
The pairings of Derek Chapman and Alan Crain, and Neville Patrick and Gordon Tyers were undefeated as Legion B secured a comfortable victory at Cons A.
Cricket B also enjoyed a good victory, beating visitors Buffs A 7-2. Bill Willox and D Smith went undefeated for the cricket club.
MTFSC took an early lead at Buffs B, but then fell apart to lose 6-3 and Legion A also took a 3-0 lead at home to Cons B before the visitors fought back to win 5-4.
You may also want to watch:
In Section B, leaders Walk the Dog were always in control as they won 5-4 at Cons C. David Stanmore and Don Fry won three games without conceding a leg.
A four-man Ship team were no match for visitors Cricket Club A, who won 8-1 and Braza A won 7-2 at GER B.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Chief honours those who went 'over and beyond' to protect public
The Braza pairings of Barbara Humphrey and Golden Frost, and Brian Follen and Mike Munden were undefeated.
Parkfield took the final three games in their home match against GER A and won 6-3.