Sports tie a thriller as table-topping youngsters stay unbeaten
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
Leverington Sports Ladies earned their first point of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League season despite missing several key players.
The Fenland side came from behind three times to score a 3-3 draw at Newmarket Town Ladies Development in Division One, captain Sophie Swinden netting a hat-trick.
Swinden made it 1-1 before rounding the goalkeeper and a fine strike into the top corner in the second half to haul Leverington back into the contest on Sunday.
The club’s under 17 girls made it two wins from two Under 18 Division games with a 5-0 thrashing of Cambourne Town Ladies U18s on Saturday.
Lauren Davis scored two first-half goals, while Harmony Hanson, Millie McClagish and captain Charlotte Wheatley also got on the scoresheet.
The team would like to thank Cobra Engineering (UK) Ltd. and Brown & Co. for their sponsorship for the 2021-22 season.
Leverington Sports Ladies are at home to Cambridge University Women on Sunday, October 10, 2pm.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Meanwhile, the under 17s who top their division, return to action at home to Cambridge City Ladies under 18s in the league cup on October 16, 10.30am.