Depleted Leverington Ladies come unstuck after heavy defeat
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
An injury-ravaged Leverington Sports Ladies came unstuck against a rampant opponent in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League.
Sophie Swinden’s side started well at Netherton United Ladies in Division One on Sunday, but lost their way after losing Amy Newell to a hip injury.
Leverington found themselves two goals down, before Kayleigh Grey’s effort was disallowed for offside.
The visitors continued to battle as they were 3-0 down at half-time in what was a defensive display.
But Netherton’s quality proved too much for Leverington as having lost more players to injury, the hosts ran out 7-0 winners in Sports’ final game of the calendar year.
Leverington Sports Ladies visit league leaders Cardea Ladies on January 9, 2pm.
*The club is support the 2021 Rainbow Laces campaign by changing their laces and a new captain’s armband.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
- 10 MP pops in our company that won 4 year battle to expand
The campaign encourages clubs to wear rainbow laces and sharing their pictures on social media to support for LGBTQ+ people in football.