New era begins in perfect harmony for Leverington Ladies
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
Leverington Sports Ladies began a new era in winning style as they earned a second league win in a row.
Player-manager Sophie Swinden led Sports to a 3-1 win at Ketton Ladies in Division One of the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League on Sunday, their first game since boss Euan Simpson left the club.
Faye Kowalewsky opened the scoring for the visitors, before Swinden fired home after beating two Ketton players to give Sports a 2-0 half-time lead.
Laura Dudley and Charlotte Wheatley showed solid defensive displays, while Amy Gray pulled off some fine saves in her first game in goal.
Ellie Meads scored Leverington’s third, before Ketton grabbed a consolation two minutes from time.
Leverington visit Park Ladies in a league cup group stage fixture on November 28, 2pm.
*A double from Millie McClagish ensured Leverington Sports’ under 17 girls’ team would maintain their perfect record with a 2-1 win over Milton Colts U18 Girls.
All the goals came after half-time in a hard-fought win for Sports in the U18 Division of the Cambs League who host Peterborough Northern Star U18s on November 27, 10.30am.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall