First 11-a-side tournament held at ladies' football club
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
A ladies football club held its first ever 11-a-side tournament over the weekend.
The hosts, Leverington Ladies, beat Ketton Ladies in the semi-finals after Faye Kowalewsky scored four goals.
At the same time, Cardea beat Park Ladies in the other semi-final game.
Leverington took the lead in the final through the outstanding Chelsea King.
In the final ten minutes, Cardea hit back from a corner forcing the game to a penalty shootout.
You may also want to watch:
Leverington Ladies won 6-5.
A spokesperson for Leverington Ladies said: “A great day of football was thoroughly enjoyed by all with some excellent football played by all teams involved.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 3 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 9 Nearly £800 raised by cricket club for local charities
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
“A massive thanks to our sponsors for the tournament, AER Electrical Services Ltd and Oasis Grill Bar for supporting their local ladies' team.