First 11-a-side tournament held at ladies' football club
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
A ladies football club held its first ever 11-a-side tournament over the weekend.
The hosts, Leverington Ladies, beat Ketton Ladies in the semi-finals after Faye Kowalewsky scored four goals.
At the same time, Cardea beat Park Ladies in the other semi-final game.
Leverington took the lead in the final through the outstanding Chelsea King.
In the final ten minutes, Cardea hit back from a corner forcing the game to a penalty shootout.
Leverington Ladies won 6-5.
A spokesperson for Leverington Ladies said: “A great day of football was thoroughly enjoyed by all with some excellent football played by all teams involved.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 7 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
“A massive thanks to our sponsors for the tournament, AER Electrical Services Ltd and Oasis Grill Bar for supporting their local ladies' team.