First 11-a-side tournament held at ladies' football club
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
A ladies football club held its first ever 11-a-side tournament over the weekend.
The hosts, Leverington Ladies, beat Ketton Ladies in the semi-finals after Faye Kowalewsky scored four goals.
At the same time, Cardea beat Park Ladies in the other semi-final game.
Leverington took the lead in the final through the outstanding Chelsea King.
In the final ten minutes, Cardea hit back from a corner forcing the game to a penalty shootout.
Leverington Ladies won 6-5.
A spokesperson for Leverington Ladies said: “A great day of football was thoroughly enjoyed by all with some excellent football played by all teams involved.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
“A massive thanks to our sponsors for the tournament, AER Electrical Services Ltd and Oasis Grill Bar for supporting their local ladies' team.