New recruit Ella strikes four as Leverington return to winning ways
- Credit: Narice Gutteridge
Ella Gavaghan starred for Leverington Ladies as they earned their first win since the latest Covid-19 lockdown in style.
Gavaghan scored four as the Fenland side triumphed 6-2 at Fulbourn Institute Bluebirds on Sunday, April 25.
Despite players missing due to injury and family commitments, Leverington’s early pressure paid off as Gavaghan latched onto a pinpoint pass by Chelsea King to take the lead.
After Faye Kowalewsky doubled the advantage, the recent signing then fired home just before half-time.
Fulbourn, who were previously unbeaten in their last four Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division games, reduced the deficit but Gavaghan was on hand to seal her treble after the break.
You may also want to watch:
The star signing then added her fourth, as the home side replied once more before captain Sophie Swinden wrapped up the result with Leverington’s sixth five minutes from time.
Euan Simpson’s side welcome March Town Ladies in a Fenland derby at Leverington Sports and Social Club on Sunday, May 2, 2pm.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 6 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000