LOCAL FOOTBALL: Grant Cook’s last-gasp winner seals Lower Junior Challenge Cup success for Doddington United
- Credit: Archant
Doddington United lifted the Cambs Lower Junior Challenge Cup last night thanks to a dramatic late winner from Grant Cook.
Cook fired in at the death after Conor Mazurek had cancelled out an early Wisbech St Mary ‘C’ strike in the competition’s showpiece at March Town’s GER ground.
Doddington’s cup win will give the local lads a big boost ahead of a vital period in their Mead Plant & Grab 3B campaign.
They currently sit in second in the standings, six points behind leaders Tuddenham 08, who they play tomorrow afternoon (3pm), with three games to go.
The Saints, meanwhile, are sitting pretty at the summit of the 4B division.
You may also want to watch:
They are six points clear at the top and entertain Hemingfords United A tomorrow (3pm).
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years