LOCAL FOOTBALL: Grant Cook’s last-gasp winner seals Lower Junior Challenge Cup success for Doddington United
- Credit: Archant
Doddington United lifted the Cambs Lower Junior Challenge Cup last night thanks to a dramatic late winner from Grant Cook.
Cook fired in at the death after Conor Mazurek had cancelled out an early Wisbech St Mary ‘C’ strike in the competition’s showpiece at March Town’s GER ground.
Doddington’s cup win will give the local lads a big boost ahead of a vital period in their Mead Plant & Grab 3B campaign.
They currently sit in second in the standings, six points behind leaders Tuddenham 08, who they play tomorrow afternoon (3pm), with three games to go.
The Saints, meanwhile, are sitting pretty at the summit of the 4B division.
They are six points clear at the top and entertain Hemingfords United A tomorrow (3pm).
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns