LOCAL FOOTBALL: Grant Cook’s last-gasp winner seals Lower Junior Challenge Cup success for Doddington United
- Credit: Archant
Doddington United lifted the Cambs Lower Junior Challenge Cup last night thanks to a dramatic late winner from Grant Cook.
Cook fired in at the death after Conor Mazurek had cancelled out an early Wisbech St Mary ‘C’ strike in the competition’s showpiece at March Town’s GER ground.
Doddington’s cup win will give the local lads a big boost ahead of a vital period in their Mead Plant & Grab 3B campaign.
They currently sit in second in the standings, six points behind leaders Tuddenham 08, who they play tomorrow afternoon (3pm), with three games to go.
The Saints, meanwhile, are sitting pretty at the summit of the 4B division.
You may also want to watch:
They are six points clear at the top and entertain Hemingfords United A tomorrow (3pm).
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart