LOCAL FOOTBALL: Taylor disappointed as Chatteris Town experience opening day defeat
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town boss Ashley Taylor admits defeat on the opening day of the season was hard to take after his side went down 1-0 to Eaton Socon last night.
The Lilies were looking to get their Kershaw Premier Division campaign off to a winning start but were thwarted by a late Owen Dixon goal in front of a bumper crowd at West Street.
Taylor said: “Of course I’m disappointed but credit must go to Eaton Socon who just deserved the win.
“The game was fairly even with both sides creating opportunities but in the last 20 minutes Eaton Socon took control and we stopped doing the basics.
“It’s a bitter pill to swallow especially in front of a big crowd last night but we dust ourselves down and will look to react on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris travel to Cambridge University Press on Saturday afternoon (3pm), before welcoming promotion rivals Lakenheath to West Street on Tuesday evening (7.45pm).
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal