LOCAL FOOTBALL: Taylor disappointed as Chatteris Town experience opening day defeat
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town boss Ashley Taylor admits defeat on the opening day of the season was hard to take after his side went down 1-0 to Eaton Socon last night.
The Lilies were looking to get their Kershaw Premier Division campaign off to a winning start but were thwarted by a late Owen Dixon goal in front of a bumper crowd at West Street.
Taylor said: “Of course I’m disappointed but credit must go to Eaton Socon who just deserved the win.
“The game was fairly even with both sides creating opportunities but in the last 20 minutes Eaton Socon took control and we stopped doing the basics.
“It’s a bitter pill to swallow especially in front of a big crowd last night but we dust ourselves down and will look to react on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris travel to Cambridge University Press on Saturday afternoon (3pm), before welcoming promotion rivals Lakenheath to West Street on Tuesday evening (7.45pm).
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo