LOCAL FOOTBALL: Taylor disappointed as Chatteris Town experience opening day defeat
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town boss Ashley Taylor admits defeat on the opening day of the season was hard to take after his side went down 1-0 to Eaton Socon last night.
The Lilies were looking to get their Kershaw Premier Division campaign off to a winning start but were thwarted by a late Owen Dixon goal in front of a bumper crowd at West Street.
Taylor said: “Of course I’m disappointed but credit must go to Eaton Socon who just deserved the win.
“The game was fairly even with both sides creating opportunities but in the last 20 minutes Eaton Socon took control and we stopped doing the basics.
“It’s a bitter pill to swallow especially in front of a big crowd last night but we dust ourselves down and will look to react on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris travel to Cambridge University Press on Saturday afternoon (3pm), before welcoming promotion rivals Lakenheath to West Street on Tuesday evening (7.45pm).
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile