LOCAL FOOTBALL: Taylor disappointed as Chatteris Town experience opening day defeat
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town boss Ashley Taylor admits defeat on the opening day of the season was hard to take after his side went down 1-0 to Eaton Socon last night.
The Lilies were looking to get their Kershaw Premier Division campaign off to a winning start but were thwarted by a late Owen Dixon goal in front of a bumper crowd at West Street.
Taylor said: “Of course I’m disappointed but credit must go to Eaton Socon who just deserved the win.
“The game was fairly even with both sides creating opportunities but in the last 20 minutes Eaton Socon took control and we stopped doing the basics.
“It’s a bitter pill to swallow especially in front of a big crowd last night but we dust ourselves down and will look to react on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris travel to Cambridge University Press on Saturday afternoon (3pm), before welcoming promotion rivals Lakenheath to West Street on Tuesday evening (7.45pm).
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road