LOCAL FOOTBALL: Taylor disappointed as Chatteris Town experience opening day defeat
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town boss Ashley Taylor admits defeat on the opening day of the season was hard to take after his side went down 1-0 to Eaton Socon last night.
The Lilies were looking to get their Kershaw Premier Division campaign off to a winning start but were thwarted by a late Owen Dixon goal in front of a bumper crowd at West Street.
Taylor said: “Of course I’m disappointed but credit must go to Eaton Socon who just deserved the win.
“The game was fairly even with both sides creating opportunities but in the last 20 minutes Eaton Socon took control and we stopped doing the basics.
“It’s a bitter pill to swallow especially in front of a big crowd last night but we dust ourselves down and will look to react on Saturday.”
Chatteris travel to Cambridge University Press on Saturday afternoon (3pm), before welcoming promotion rivals Lakenheath to West Street on Tuesday evening (7.45pm).
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition