Local goalball stars Laura and Dan net medals at European Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two local goalball talents are celebrating after experiencing success on the European stage.
Fen Tigers stars Laura Perry and Dan Roper donned their national colours and represented Great Britain at the European B Championships in Portugal last month, with Perry’s women side scooping gold and Roper’s men claiming silver.
Perry in particular was in fine form, finishing the tournament as top goal-scorer with 31 points.
Success at the Championships means both sides have been promoted to the European A League, meaning they will go head-to-head with the world’s finest teams.
Perry is also celebrating after receiving a nomination for the Allianz Athlete of the Month award for October.
You may also want to watch:
Her impressive performances have earned her the global nomination, and she is fighting for votes against four other global paralympic sporting stars.
Voting closes on Friday November 11. To vote, visit www.paralympic.org.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal