Cricketers bid farewell to treasurer after decades of service
- Credit: March Town CC
March Town Cricket Club bid farewell to one of its most loyal members at their annual general meeting.
Treasurer Alan Day announced he would be retiring after over 45 years in the role at the club’s meeting, which took place on Zoom on February 23 due to Covid-19 lockdown restrictions.
Mr Day, a life member at March Town CC, was also a former president and vice-chairman at the club.
A spokesperson for March Town CC, said: “The secretary gave his comprehensive report on the season.
“The treasurer Alan Day presented the annual accounts and the president thanked Alan for all his hard work and service to the club.”
Captains for all senior teams and other members were also decided for the 2021 season:
President: Les Mills; Saturday 1st XI captain: Andy Wright; Saturday 1st XI vice-captain: Sam Clarke; Saturday 2nd XI captain: Scott Welcher; Saturday 2nd XI vice-captain: Lewis Welcher; Saturday 3rd XI captain: Barrie Carter; Saturday 3rd XI vice-captain: James Mortlock; Saturday 4th XI captain: Phil Goodfellow; Saturday 4th XI vice-captain: Luke Fage.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 6 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
Sunday 1st XI captain: Ben Chapman; Sunday 1st XI vice-captain: Saranga Rajaguru; Sunday 2nd XI captain: Manuj Patel; Sunday 2nd XI vice-captain: Harry Gowler. Chairman: Ian Liversedge; vice-chairman: Matt Vail; hon. secretary: Les Mills; hon. treasurer: Chris Ringham; hon. fixture secretary: Pat Ringham.
Committee: Linda Kirby, Sarah Lemmon, Gary Nicholls, Manuj Patel and the chairman of the various sub-committees namely ground, bar, social, sponsorship, playing, junior and club captain.