Magnificent Munns is the star turn
CHATTERIS moved back up to the top of CCA Division Three thanks to Saturday s seven-wicket victory at Longstanton Grasshoppers. Grasshoppers were put in to bat on a good wicket but the Chatteris bowlers gave a disciplined performance and Ant Palmer (2-20)
CHATTERIS moved back up to the top of CCA Division Three thanks to Saturday's seven-wicket victory at Longstanton Grasshoppers.
Grasshoppers were put in to bat on a good wicket but the Chatteris bowlers gave a disciplined performance and Ant Palmer (2-20) and Dave Wool restricted the home side to just 55 runs from the first 20 overs.
With more good work from Andy Wool (1-48) and Pete Munns (4-38), Grasshoppers ran out of overs after scoring 166-7.
Chatteris began to score rapidly and after the loss of Dave Rose and James Dawson, Pete Munns stepped up to the mark with a superb 76 not out.
With the support of Jeff Jackson's 39 not out, Chatteris secured a good victory with seven wickets remaining.
The weekend got even better for Chatteris on Sunday when they thumped local rivals March II in the Fenland Trophy.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 3 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 5 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 8 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Teenager Connor Cunningham was the Chatteris batting star as he carved out a fantastic innings of 91 not out and helped the home side to post a good score of 231-3 from 45 overs.
The March batsmen were unable to threaten the Chatteris total as Andy Wool went on the rampage to return bowling figures of 6-10 and dismiss the visitors for just 78.