Magnificent Munns is the star turn
CHATTERIS moved back up to the top of CCA Division Three thanks to Saturday s seven-wicket victory at Longstanton Grasshoppers. Grasshoppers were put in to bat on a good wicket but the Chatteris bowlers gave a disciplined performance and Ant Palmer (2-20)
CHATTERIS moved back up to the top of CCA Division Three thanks to Saturday's seven-wicket victory at Longstanton Grasshoppers.
Grasshoppers were put in to bat on a good wicket but the Chatteris bowlers gave a disciplined performance and Ant Palmer (2-20) and Dave Wool restricted the home side to just 55 runs from the first 20 overs.
With more good work from Andy Wool (1-48) and Pete Munns (4-38), Grasshoppers ran out of overs after scoring 166-7.
Chatteris began to score rapidly and after the loss of Dave Rose and James Dawson, Pete Munns stepped up to the mark with a superb 76 not out.
With the support of Jeff Jackson's 39 not out, Chatteris secured a good victory with seven wickets remaining.
The weekend got even better for Chatteris on Sunday when they thumped local rivals March II in the Fenland Trophy.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
Teenager Connor Cunningham was the Chatteris batting star as he carved out a fantastic innings of 91 not out and helped the home side to post a good score of 231-3 from 45 overs.
The March batsmen were unable to threaten the Chatteris total as Andy Wool went on the rampage to return bowling figures of 6-10 and dismiss the visitors for just 78.