A knock out night of skill and determination thanks to March boxing club
- Credit: Archant
A night of outstanding boxing was enjoyed by more than 300 spectators when the Braza hosted the March Amateur Boxing Club.
There were a total of 13 bouts, with boxers demonstrating their skill and knowledge of the sport.
The event was attended by MP Steve Barclay. All the boxers were presented with trophies from Commonwealth champion Jordan Gill who joined the boxers in the ring for a group photograph to get the evening started.
Eight out of the 11 March boxers won their bouts on the night.
Hayley Wynn, of March ABC, said: “All the boxers were able to put their hard work and dedication from their training into some great displays of boxing ability.”
You may also want to watch:
Josh Tanner was the first to win, over Leicester City’s Shae Gowler, then Billy Baxter in his first bout for March ABC won by a unanimous decision with a great display.
Sonny McElliot beat Tyler Roberts from Campol Boxing Club by a unanimous decision.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
Conor Brazil won by a split decision against Sileby’s Callum Heagney, it was a hard fought bout but with Connor’s patience and determination he was successful in gaining the win.
There were five senior bouts on, first being Carlos Alessandrino against Shaun Probert, putting on a hard fought contest.
It ended with Shaun getting a standing eight count in the second round, and Carlos going on to win the bout with a unanimous decision.
Following that Markos Mylosis fought hard against Bradley Meachen and won by a unanimous decision.
Following Markos came Mozambique champion boxer Bernaldo Marime, who had battled with the flu all week but managed to put that aside to win by a unanimous decision over Courtney Frimpong from Attleborough with a score of 5-0..
Next up was Regan Lazenby, who is also part of the England Development Squad boxing against Daniel Gibson from Evolve Boxing Club who put in a spectacular performance, winning by a unanimous decision, and later being awarded boxer of the night.
The final bout of the evening was Shaun Simpson who had an unfortunate loss boxing against Ross Symons.
Brothers Quentin and Westley Doran were both unsuccessful in securing a win.
• The March boxing club would thanked everyone who continue to attend, and sponsor the show.
• The next show is on Friday April 12.
• The club relies on securing sponsorship, and thanks its current sponsors. If anyone is interested in sponsoring the club then please contact Hayley Wynn at firstname.lastname@example.org.