March ABC fighter Shaun Simpson makes triumphant return to the ring
- Credit: Archant
A rising March Boxing Club fighter helped himself to a third straight win this weekend.
Shaun Simpson, 27, was victorious in his first bout this season after seeing off Hucknall Boys ABC-based opponent, Sam Burton.
Simpson stepped back through the ropes after a four month absence and shed the ring rust to take the victory in his fourth career fight.
He said: “After a four month lay-off it was good to shake off the ring rust in a three round contest in the boy’s own back yard.
“After a slow start in the first round I felt like I came back strong into rounds two and three to take the win.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll go back into the gym now and put my mistakes right moving forward onto my next fight.”
Simpson returns to action next month at the club’s home show at the March Braza Club on December 2.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road