March ABC fighter Shaun Simpson makes triumphant return to the ring
- Credit: Archant
A rising March Boxing Club fighter helped himself to a third straight win this weekend.
Shaun Simpson, 27, was victorious in his first bout this season after seeing off Hucknall Boys ABC-based opponent, Sam Burton.
Simpson stepped back through the ropes after a four month absence and shed the ring rust to take the victory in his fourth career fight.
He said: “After a four month lay-off it was good to shake off the ring rust in a three round contest in the boy’s own back yard.
“After a slow start in the first round I felt like I came back strong into rounds two and three to take the win.
“I’ll go back into the gym now and put my mistakes right moving forward onto my next fight.”
Simpson returns to action next month at the club’s home show at the March Braza Club on December 2.
- 1 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 9 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops