March ABC fighter Shaun Simpson makes triumphant return to the ring
- Credit: Archant
A rising March Boxing Club fighter helped himself to a third straight win this weekend.
Shaun Simpson, 27, was victorious in his first bout this season after seeing off Hucknall Boys ABC-based opponent, Sam Burton.
Simpson stepped back through the ropes after a four month absence and shed the ring rust to take the victory in his fourth career fight.
He said: “After a four month lay-off it was good to shake off the ring rust in a three round contest in the boy’s own back yard.
“After a slow start in the first round I felt like I came back strong into rounds two and three to take the win.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll go back into the gym now and put my mistakes right moving forward onto my next fight.”
Simpson returns to action next month at the club’s home show at the March Braza Club on December 2.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site