March ABC fighter Shaun Simpson makes triumphant return to the ring
- Credit: Archant
A rising March Boxing Club fighter helped himself to a third straight win this weekend.
Shaun Simpson, 27, was victorious in his first bout this season after seeing off Hucknall Boys ABC-based opponent, Sam Burton.
Simpson stepped back through the ropes after a four month absence and shed the ring rust to take the victory in his fourth career fight.
He said: “After a four month lay-off it was good to shake off the ring rust in a three round contest in the boy’s own back yard.
“After a slow start in the first round I felt like I came back strong into rounds two and three to take the win.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll go back into the gym now and put my mistakes right moving forward onto my next fight.”
Simpson returns to action next month at the club’s home show at the March Braza Club on December 2.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement