March ABC prospects spend time with Great Britain boxing squad during English Institute of Sport visit
- Credit: Archant
Boxers and coaches from March ABC got the chance to learn from the best in the country when they visited the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
During the visit, the group watched the Great Britain boxing squad train, while some of the club’s young prospects worked with GB coach Bob Dillon.
The boxers who make the trip were Shaun Simpson, Morgan Wynn, Regan Lazenby, Joe Steed, Nathan Smith, Acer Smith, Robert Tanner and Alex Watts. Watts joined the club after taking part in sessions run by March ABC at Neale-Wade Academy.
They got a chance to speak to the boxers about training and what motivates them to participate at the highest level.
March ABC coach Rafal Tichanov said: “We had the chance to speak to the coaches and boxers - find out how and when they train.
You may also want to watch:
“It was interesting to learn about their strength and conditioning and see the equipment they use.”
Neale-Wade principal Jason Wing said: “We are grateful to the club for providing this opportunity for our students.”
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director