March ABC prospects spend time with Great Britain boxing squad during English Institute of Sport visit
- Credit: Archant
Boxers and coaches from March ABC got the chance to learn from the best in the country when they visited the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
During the visit, the group watched the Great Britain boxing squad train, while some of the club’s young prospects worked with GB coach Bob Dillon.
The boxers who make the trip were Shaun Simpson, Morgan Wynn, Regan Lazenby, Joe Steed, Nathan Smith, Acer Smith, Robert Tanner and Alex Watts. Watts joined the club after taking part in sessions run by March ABC at Neale-Wade Academy.
They got a chance to speak to the boxers about training and what motivates them to participate at the highest level.
March ABC coach Rafal Tichanov said: “We had the chance to speak to the coaches and boxers - find out how and when they train.
“It was interesting to learn about their strength and conditioning and see the equipment they use.”
Neale-Wade principal Jason Wing said: “We are grateful to the club for providing this opportunity for our students.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim