March ABC prospects spend time with Great Britain boxing squad during English Institute of Sport visit
- Credit: Archant
Boxers and coaches from March ABC got the chance to learn from the best in the country when they visited the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
During the visit, the group watched the Great Britain boxing squad train, while some of the club’s young prospects worked with GB coach Bob Dillon.
The boxers who make the trip were Shaun Simpson, Morgan Wynn, Regan Lazenby, Joe Steed, Nathan Smith, Acer Smith, Robert Tanner and Alex Watts. Watts joined the club after taking part in sessions run by March ABC at Neale-Wade Academy.
They got a chance to speak to the boxers about training and what motivates them to participate at the highest level.
March ABC coach Rafal Tichanov said: “We had the chance to speak to the coaches and boxers - find out how and when they train.
You may also want to watch:
“It was interesting to learn about their strength and conditioning and see the equipment they use.”
Neale-Wade principal Jason Wing said: “We are grateful to the club for providing this opportunity for our students.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road