March ABC prospects spend time with Great Britain boxing squad during English Institute of Sport visit
- Credit: Archant
Boxers and coaches from March ABC got the chance to learn from the best in the country when they visited the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
During the visit, the group watched the Great Britain boxing squad train, while some of the club’s young prospects worked with GB coach Bob Dillon.
The boxers who make the trip were Shaun Simpson, Morgan Wynn, Regan Lazenby, Joe Steed, Nathan Smith, Acer Smith, Robert Tanner and Alex Watts. Watts joined the club after taking part in sessions run by March ABC at Neale-Wade Academy.
They got a chance to speak to the boxers about training and what motivates them to participate at the highest level.
March ABC coach Rafal Tichanov said: “We had the chance to speak to the coaches and boxers - find out how and when they train.
You may also want to watch:
“It was interesting to learn about their strength and conditioning and see the equipment they use.”
Neale-Wade principal Jason Wing said: “We are grateful to the club for providing this opportunity for our students.”
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 5 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover